need help gaining weight meals/shakes ect

Options
Im 5'2 and 91.4 pounds I have struggled gaining weight in the past, but I feel uncomfortable in my body my goal is to get to atleast 115 pounds I was wondering if any of you guys can tell me whats the best meals I could eat with protein? any shakes that would be good to make?. And I also would like opinions if I should go to the gym or wait until I gain some weight before working out I was told if I start working out now I would loose more weight before I gain any. Like I said im new to this

Replies

• Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Ensure Plus or Boost. They truly work! One at night (not chocolate due to caffeine).
    Eat peanut butter and crackers. Try some fast food burgers and fries. Some fried chicken. Eat some pizza from Papa Johns. No gym!

I think walmart even has their own boost brand drink. May cost about $1 each but certainly worth it. Doctors can give you a liquid that will make you hungry, but those side effects....
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I'd start a progressive lifting programme now.

Set your diary up to gain 1lb a week and try to hit those calories. Spoon fulls of nut butters, drinking full fat milk, eat seeds sprinkled on everything to help increase calories without eating much extra volume.

• BrowardC954
    BrowardC954 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you found a regiment that works yet dear?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2 and 91.4 pounds I have struggled gaining weight in the past, but I feel uncomfortable in my body my goal is to get to atleast 115 pounds I was wondering if any of you guys can tell me whats the best meals I could eat with protein? any shakes that would be good to make?. And I also would like opinions if I should go to the gym or wait until I gain some weight before working out I was told if I start working out now I would loose more weight before I gain any. Like I said im new to this

Start a lifting routine, set mfp to gain 0.5lb per week, buy sone peanut butter and nutella!
  • BigNate17
    BigNate17 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

Start a lifting routine + go into a calorie surplus = Weight gain
  • philsimon1980
    philsimon1980 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I also say start the lifting routine & enter a caloric surplus.

My shake usually is ...old fashioned oats, banana, frozen berries, peanut butter, whey protein. 500-600 calories down in no time. It works for me.
  • zakaria1997muscle
    zakaria1997muscle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try to eat 3cup of oatmeal a day plus your meals youll grow :smile:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Protein is not that important to gain weight (even muscle). Calories are king when gaining weight. just ensure you follow a structured lifting program so most of your gain is muscle.