Has anyone had success with Alli?

Options
I have been diagnosed with PCOS, so I have a hard time losing weight. I am currently tracking calories, doing pretty well with my diet as well. However, weight loss has not been easy. I work 12 hour shifts Monday-Thursday, which makes it harder. I know, it's just an excuse, and if I wanted to do everything I could, I'd get up early and go before work, or go after work. I am just so tired. Which is a side effect of the PCOS. So, after seeing my Dr recently, she recommended I try Alli. She told me about the horrible side effects that will happen if I eat any high-fat meals, etc. I'd like to hear from anyone that has had any success from it. Please share! Thanks!

Replies

• drgnfyre
    drgnfyre Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    :( my mother tried that stuff. It just made her i'll. What it does is makes you have diarrhea and stomach pains if you eat high fat foods. It comes from the idea that fats make you fat. I don't recommend it. I personally eat a high fat diet and I loose very rapidly on keto. It's not the "diet" you eat that makes you loose it's how many calories you consume. If you take that stuff thinking that cutting fat out of your diet is the magic answer, all your gonna do is make yourself sick.
    It makes me angry when doctors scare people off fat. I am walking prove that fat doesn't make you fat. it's the amount of total calories you eat that makes you fat. I went low fat once because a doctor told me to and I was hungry all the time and as a result after a year I couldn't take it anymore and binged for two months. My skin was very dry, also. There is no magic cut this food out and you can eat w/e you want diet. (i know that seems silly since i cut out carbs, but I do that because I am allergic to so many of them, not because that was the magic diet)
    Also, I have read that HIGH FAT keto diet is recommended for pcos. Don't quote me on that, but I would do some research on it. I have seen some people here say that it helps, though i do not know how much truth there is in that. If that's the case then you would be doing the opposite of what you should be doing with pcos. I'd at least look into it before I took those pills.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    DO NOT TAKE IT!!!! Not unless you want to crap your pants. "Anal leakage", is literally that... You will leak oily nasty liquid from your butt. And I mean leak, not like normal crap or diarrhea which you can hold in...but leak.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    It makes people have uncontrollable orange poops.
    Dont choose to have the uncontrollable orange poops. Just focus on CICO
  • MeemawCanDoIt
    MeemawCanDoIt Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS and have taken Alli. I "leaked" orange oil while visiting friends, at work, on my mom's furniture, and that wasn't while eating much fat. I wouldn't take it!!! I was put on Metformin for my PCOS and it helped considerably! I know this board is all about CICO, but in the case of PCOS, especially if you have insulin resistance, watch your carb intake.
  • MeemawCanDoIt
    MeemawCanDoIt Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    BabyBear76 wrote: »
    DO NOT TAKE IT!!!! Not unless you want to crap your pants. "Anal leakage", is literally that... You will leak oily nasty liquid from your butt. And I mean leak, not like normal crap or diarrhea which you can hold in...but leak.

I can't stop laughing because this is EXACTLY what happens!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Anal leakage is not a side effect of Alli - it's the intended effect.

Imagine paying someone to follow you around and make you incredibly uncomfortable, embarrassed and smelly every time you ate something high fat. Alli is that in a pill form.
  • VeronicaA76
    Options
    BabyBear76 wrote: »

I can't stop laughing because this is EXACTLY what happens!

You're welcome for the abdominal workout...(laughter). Yeah, guess how I found out about that evil side effect...
  • VeronicaA76
    edited August 2017
    Options
    It makes people have uncontrollable orange poops.
    Dont choose to have the uncontrollable orange poops. Just focus on CICO

It's not even poop. Poop I can deal with. It's nasty orange oil that just drains from your *kitten*!