Powders

Options
I'm trying to gain lots of weight. At this point I don't care what kind of weight, fat or muscle is fine, I need help to find the right powder for me if I'm really skinny. But I have access to the gym.

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Food glorious food.

Seeing as you are not concerned about fat gain, go forth and gorge my friend.

Start with a cake sandwich, with extra cake and sandwich.
  • Donnyboi223
    Donnyboi223 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yah I've tried but I have no progress I eat so much that it hurts my stomach's but then I go to the scale and I lost 3 lbs. It's annoying.
  • kassierodriguez1
    kassierodriguez1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Yah I've tried but I have no progress I eat so much that it hurts my stomach's but then I go to the scale and I lost 3 lbs. It's annoying.

Even with weight gain, I think you need to be a little strategic. Especially for those who struggle with it. Eat things high in protein and high fat. But still eat good food with nutritional value. Try red meats, eggs, fish. Try cashews, almonds, peanuts. Greek yogurt. Cottage cheese. Whole milk. Add in carbs. Such as whole grains. Oats. Brown rice. Quinoa.

How much do you weigh? If you want to share. How tall are you?
  • Donnyboi223
    Donnyboi223 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 8in. And weight 124.5lbs
  • kassierodriguez1
    Options
    Ok try eating
    6 servings of veggies- about 1 cup each serving
    4 servings of fruit - about 1 cup each serving
    6 servings of protein - about 3/4 cup or 4 oz each
    4 servings of cabs - about 1/2 cup or 100 or so calories each
    1 serving of healthy fat - about 1/4 cup each
    1 serving of oils or fat - 1 oz of salad dressing...1 oz of peanuts or some sort of seed. Pumpkin seed. Ect
  • kassierodriguez1
    Options
    Carbs. Not cabs
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Ok try eating
    1 serving of oils or fat - 1 oz of salad dressing...1 oz of peanuts or some sort of seed. Pumpkin seed. Ect

Why?

OP a calorie surplus, is a calorie surplus whether you eat fast food or "healthy" raw organic products. Eat more, drink more and be in a consistent surplus and you'll gain.

Also gaining fat is pointless unless you are clinically underweight and have been advised to by a medical professional.
  • kassierodriguez1
    Options
    Ok try eating

Why?

OP a calorie surplus, is a calorie surplus whether you eat fast food or "healthy" raw organic products. Eat more, drink more and be in a consistent surplus and you'll gain.

Also gaining fat is pointless unless you are clinically underweight and have been advised to by a medical professional.
    Because it's healthier. Better for you. And he said he already tried the regular surplus of calories and it didn't work. So why keep trying the same method
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Ok try eating

Why?

Because it's healthier. Better for you. And he said he already tried the regular surplus of calories and it didn't work. So why keep trying the same method

A surplus of calories is a surplus of calories regardless of where the calories come from. There is no "other method" of eating in a surplus. If he wasn't gaining weight, he wasn't in a surplus...he said he ate a lot. That doesn't mean he was in a surplus.

OP, do you log your food? Are you actually in a surplus?