Let's lose some inches!

Options
Please tell me what is your favorite exercise??
And how much calorie do you think you burn??

Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy things and putting them back down. Doesn't burn much calories but makes your body look amazing. Along with other health benefits.

yeah, this.
  • LayVogue
    LayVogue Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Lifting is very healthy and it's beneficial to strengthen the body which is an amazing exercise. Myself, I love cardio. My legs seem to crave the workout of leg day.
  • TheGreggSays
    TheGreggSays Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like boxing classes, if you can find a Title Boxing around you it's a pretty good workout.
  • LayVogue
    Options
    I never tried it. But it would be interesting.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Twin favourites of strength training and cycling in beautiful countryside.

Not exercising for calorie burns or to lose weight but general approximation 500 - 700 cals an hour cycling depending on pace and intensity.
    Biggest daily burn this year was 4,552 (that was a very long day in the saddle!).
  • LayVogue
    Options
    I'm not much of an outside person because of where I live. It's very little to see and the humidity kills me, so I'm always at the gym. But if I lived in San Francisco or Miami that would be a different story. I would enjoy the scenery and be active outside.
  • LeoT0917
    LeoT0917 Posts: 206 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I love P90X and Yoga. P90X because it's a great combination of strength and cardio an Tony Horton gives a lot of alternative variations for many of the movements.

Yoga because of the huge benefits to core strength, flexibility and practice in connecting mind, body and breath which carries over into everything else I do.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I joined a women boxing group that meets 3 days a week. We do weights and conditioning for an hour then an hour of boxing. It's a great workout and a ton of fun
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    My favorite exercises are cycling and yoga. I tend to aim for a moderate/strenuous bike ride, and go for gentle/relaxing yoga to improve my flexibility and center my awareness/breath.
  • igarcia13
    igarcia13 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Stair master with hand weights. Work on your arms while on the stair master for about 20 minutes then do another 20-30 minutes a mini HIIT workout. Yesterday did it for an hour and burned about 800 cal
  • LayVogue
    Options
    Yoga is a great exercise for the mind, body and soul. I usually do that on my last and lazy day. It relaxes me and stretch my sore muscle.
  • LayVogue
    Options
    The stair master I have not tried, why?? I do not know. I think I'll have to give it a shot. I think I'm afraid of it.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Hiking
    Im lucky to live on the edge of the peak district so i can drive under an hour to numerous fantastic hikes
    I hike with my son on my back. Depending on mileage i burn anywhere between 600 and a couple thousand (i hike between 4 and 10 miles)

If the weathers too bad to hike then i have a treadmill and a rowing machine at home along with weights
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    LayVogue wrote: »
    Please tell me what is your favorite exercise??
    And how much calorie do you think you burn??

Cycling and approx. 100 cal for every 5 km.

I also walk, hike, climb stairs, run on the treadmill, row, lift weights, and occasionally swim and canoe.
  • CapnVillainBLK
    CapnVillainBLK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My favorite by far is Muay Thai kickboxing. it's intense cardio throwing kicks, punches, knees, and elbows. Plus training resistance with clinch grappling and throws, and trips. I've never worn a heart rate monitor during class, but the estimate is about 700 calories per hour.
  • LayVogue
    Options
    My favorite by far is Muay Thai kickboxing. it's intense cardio throwing kicks, punches, knees, and elbows. Plus training resistance with clinch grappling and throws, and trips. I've never worn a heart rate monitor during class, but the estimate is about 700 calories per hour.

Nice, I like watching that kind of sport! Indeed it's intense cardio.