Getting and staying on track

Options
Hi all! I have struggled with body image issues for as long as I can remember. I also struggle with anxiety. Lately, my anxiety has been super high, which I'm thinking is related to my weight. I have a 15 month old and can't seem to get rid of the weight. I'm starting to work out, but am not seeing any movement on the scale. I need help staying on track and NOT getting so discouraged. Any advice helps.

Replies

• Sarah_Shapes_Up
    Sarah_Shapes_Up Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I also have issues with the scale. If I know a weigh in is going to be bad, or I mentally don't want to deal with the number, I don't. I check in a few days later. If I know I've done everything right, I do my best to ignore the scale. Also, while I'm not perfect, I try to think about it as a lifestyle instead of on track or off track. I've don't my best so far at making this a lifestyle. I can have a bad meal or bad day, but I just get back to my routine as soon as possible because I genuinely enjoy what I eat.
  • QJ18
    QJ18 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Is it really necessary to use a scale? Like, couldn't it be that your weight doesn't change but your health/body shape does? ?I'm trying to focus on health instead of weight on this journey

What are you doing for exercise?

I'm using an online fitness program, which keeps me on track because the workouts are preplanned- I just did whatever's on the calendar for the day from home. I've also been using some alternative medicine stuff (essential oils, ear seeds, positive affirmations, acupuncture) and that's all been really helpful.

I've been tracking food with this site, and using a sticker reward chart to stay on track. Seeing visual evidence of my progress is really helpful, and I find myself fantasizing about which donut-shaped sticker I get to add to the chart toward the ends of my workouts. :wink:
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Use MFP to set up your weight loss goals. Start logging how many calories you're eating. It's very helpful to develop the habit of keeping track of what you eat. Also, write down every day you're exercising on your calendar or in a journal, it really is motivating to have that record of what you've accomplished. I personally weigh myself first thing in the morning after I've used the restroom, because the data is just that: information. Try not to stress over the numbers. If your weight goes up, it's not a failure. Weight fluctuates every day. Try using a phone app called Happy Scale. It will help you not to freak out over your weight, as it shows the downward trends in a helpful graph. It sounds like you just started exercising, and the best advice I have is to be very patient with yourself. Take a photo of yourself now, then take one every month so you can actually see your progress. Finally, have you checked in with your doctor lately? Sometimes an anti-anxiety medication can help stave off self-defeating feelings.
  • angel88mil
    angel88mil Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Get rid of the scale !!! I couldn't live with mine