I'm eating loads but still not gaining any weight!

Options
Recently I ate a large dominos pizza and tub of Ben and jerrys and I woke up 5 pounds heavier. I have not eaten as much this week but still approximately 2000 calories per day however I weighed myself this morning and I'm still the same weight 134 pounds. How do I go about eating to keep the excess weight on? Any tips or advice would be great

Replies

• pbryd
    pbryd Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    You have to consistently eat at a calorie surplus.

Count your calories for two weeks, if you haven't gained weight, up your daily calories by 200 and repeat.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Eating a lot one day, then reducing your calories the next day isn't the best way to go about it. It is all about consistent eating in a surplus. I find if I ate too much one day I naturally would feel full the next and get behind..I did best if I spread out those calories vs gorged.

Are you tracking your intake accurately? Are you sure 2000 cals is right for you to gain? You have to track your weight and adjust accordingly.
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    You have to make sure that the calories you are consuming are the right ones as well. Eat or drink a source of protein a minimum of six times a day. A friend of mine is a bodybuilder and he said to get big you have to eat big and lift big. He eats meat with every meal and he eats a minimum of 6 times a day. When bulking he adds weight gainer shakes as well. He really enjoys elk and buffalo meat.