Just cant eat enough

Options
Hi all,
Currently weigh 9 stone and am about 5 foot 9". Looking to bulk up to about 11 stone over the next year.
I walk the dog twice a day and walk around alot at work plus do a little work out at home. No point lifting heavy yet if i cant eat enough. Im very rarely hungry for breakfast but try to eat anyway, i get a lunch break at work so my alloted day I get 3 chances to eat through out.
On an average day i barley eat 1,600 calories a day. Have tried shakes to get more calories but in genral i barley get my daily calories let alone enough to gain some weight. I just cant eat that much in the daily hours.
Any tips on how to increase my apptitie or any cheats to consume large amounts of calories easyly?
Thanks

Replies

• BekahAngel05
    BekahAngel05 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is high cal... adding evoo to salad or vegetables.. protein powder..
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    why can't you eat that much during the day? seriously though - do 2600 cal on avg and fit that in from 5am until 9:30PM when I go to bed - it can be done

add things like full cream yogurt (noosa, culinary circle, brown cow); nuts, avocado, nut butters
    increase your portion sizes (instead of 4oz chicken, do 6oz etc)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    open your diary so people can see what you normally eat.

my husband gained weight by simply swapping his milk to full fat, having nuts and raisins as a snack and slightly bigger portions of his main meal.
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    M4TT_87 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Currently weigh 9 stone and am about 5 foot 9". Looking to bulk up to about 11 stone over the next year.
    I walk the dog twice a day and walk around alot at work plus do a little work out at home. No point lifting heavy yet if i cant eat enough. Im very rarely hungry for breakfast but try to eat anyway, i get a lunch break at work so my alloted day I get 3 chances to eat through out.
    On an average day i barley eat 1,600 calories a day. Have tried shakes to get more calories but in genral i barley get my daily calories let alone enough to gain some weight. I just cant eat that much in the daily hours.
    Any tips on how to increase my apptitie or any cheats to consume large amounts of calories easyly?
    Thanks

When I first started on here, I was around 9 stone. I'm 5 foot 4/5. While my job is more sedentary than yours, for me to gain weight back then I was on in or around 4,000 calories everyday. I found a handful of nuts like almonds x 2, once in the morning and another in the afternoon every day great as they were high in calories. Have them in your pocket while you were at work. You going to have to train your body to eat more which I did. What I found that worked well for me for breakfast which isnt the same for everyone but worked for me was to have 3 scoops of oats, 4 scoops of full fat milk, 1 scoop of grounded millseed, flaxseed and sunflower seed, a banana and a tablespoon of honey. For lunch, get the highest calorie bread you can find. Spread a tablespoon or two over it and load it up with whatever meat you want as well as veg. Start meal prepping at the weekends so that you can put them into containers to bring into work with you. Make curries, spag bol, chili con carne and the like and load them up with a load of veg, chickpeas, lentils, etc and have it with rick. Good high calorie meals. With all meals, have a glass of full fat milk. This is what worked for me and I went from 9 stone to around 11 stone over the course of a year and a half. Everyone is different. One final thing I found that worked great, pre log your diary so you know that most days you will reach your calorie amount.

Also get yourself on a good lifting program if you arent already on one.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    If you lift heavy your appetite will increase. Nothing like the bottomless hole the day after deadlifts.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,508 Member
    Options
    My answer is always....................pizza.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I usually just eat a bowl of ice cream for 500 cals if I need more. A dohnut or more fatty cuts of meat are decent options. Eating cals isn't that hard as long as you don't restrict yourself. I probably average 8-10k a day last summer when bulking because I'm so active.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    There are lotts of options for high calories as others mentioned above. If you're trying to stick to cleaner foods I'd go with nut butters, avocado, whole grain breads, pastas, full fat hummus, there are some pretty clean protein bars that have big calories, full fat butter, yogurt, nuts, things like that. And like one other person said... once you start lifting heavy your appetite will increase!