Adding weight training to Fitness Pal Log?

Options
Is there any need to log my weight training into myfitnesspal? I have a notebook with all the sets and reps I do anyway, so the question is does myfitness use the weight training to calculate goals? As Im unsure..

Replies

• EmmaCaz4
    EmmaCaz4 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    No not really. I use fitnotes in my phone to calculate pbs and to keep an eye on how I'm improving. I can't be bothered carrying a notebook around with me and have my phone in the gym to keep an eye on how long I'm there otherwise I could be there hours!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I use a fitness tracker to track the duration and calories burned and enter the individual exercises into MFP under "strength training" (usually in advance of working out).

qxipeh8mpfv2.png

• jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Track your workouts in the UA Record app and they'll import to MFP automatically
  • Chrisa0194
    Chrisa0194 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use the progression app for recording my workouts, it's super intuitive.
  • mwd1764
    mwd1764 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If you have a Garmin device ( vivoactive hr, Fenix ect....) the app that is downloaded with it will also be connected with myfitnesspal . It keeps track of your strength training sessions then appropriately adds the info to your total calories for the day. Easy way to keep track of all calories burned automatically.
  • nextstopswoleville
    Options
    I use the STRONG app to build and track my workouts. It's like a written log, but on your phone.