Starting over

Options
Starting again after losing all motivation.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Figure out what went wrong, and do differently now.
  • dithompson1
    dithompson1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would say change it up too! Find a fun new food or way of cooking. I just bought all new pretty measuring cups to keep track of my portions!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Figure out what went wrong, and do differently now.

I agree with this. Why did you lose motivation the first time? Did you make changes you couldn't handle. Did something throw you off your game? Until you address the reason you fell off the wagon it is going to be hard to stay on it in the future. Think it over a bit. And if you need help figuring out solutions there are many experienced posters here who can help out :)

~best wishes
  • trenee11422
    trenee11422 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's very difficult to be in this place again I too am starting over after losing 35 lb a year ago my life got to be a bit too much and I lost all Focus and motivation to eat and work out the way that I know I should. Extremely stressful life with spouse kid going off to college taking care of elderly grandparents finances everything just got to the overwhelming so here I am once again starting over prayerfully with a new mindset new Focus I have the tools I know what to do I just need help putting them into practice.
  • TaniaLynne
    TaniaLynne Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    starting again also...only gained back about 10 lbs but getting back on track now!!!!
  • laurafresh
    laurafresh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have gained 9 pounds....I am back and committed. It is alot easier to lose ten than 30 and I already know/have the tools just need to use them!
  • weightl0ss_beast
    weightl0ss_beast Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hii there!
    I hope you are doing well for being Motivated & getting Fit. My name is Rishi & I am from India, I know how difficult it is to get MOTIVATED but you have to find your motivation to become what you dream of. For me I found my motivation through YouTube Believe Me I never thought of it as a thing to get me leave that packet of candies & potato chips o:) that was 1 hell of a quest I won.
    I will appreciate if you want to be my friend & share your goals, stories or anything with me here in this community.
  • buellkyleej
    buellkyleej Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • jwowjones
    jwowjones Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Started my journey again. I gave up and just stopped caring. I beat myself up when I try on clothes that used to fit. I had a long talk to God last night and begged him to give me the strength and focus to do what I KNOW I'm suppose to be doing. I got up this morn, ate. Healthy breakfast and actually worked out. I've not worked out in almost a year. I forgot how great it felt.
  • heather4life4
    heather4life4 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Keep moving forward and learning from what happened before. You can do this!