Home bum building session done

Options
My booty will need it's own postcode by time I'm finished

Replies

• LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    And shelf in the cupboard for all the food you are feeding it? LOL! Great job.

What are you doing? I know that lots and lots of ladies actually mean "build the booty" when they are talking about "gaining weight and body building". Not all....so, not making that lumpsum assumption. But, a lot!

Are you doing hip thrusters and glute bridges? Any body-weight squats involved? I ask because some people are more quad-dominant when they do squats.

So, part of making the booty bigger is making it appear bigger....so, changing its relationship to the other body parts around it, right? So, if you really increase your quads, the booty does not "appear" as big anymore.

Doing abs as well? Specifically, obliques? Anything else?
  • helengains
    helengains Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi at mo I don't have a training programme but today started with lunges squats with 6kg (all I had) glute bridges with 6kg, side leg move (the one what looks like dog peeing on Lampost) one leg chair lunges as well. Can I target gluten without getting big quad muscles. I'm just wanting strong toned legs and flat abs. My shoulders and top of my arms could do with little bit of muscle but not a lot. I'm only 49.9kg and 5ft 2 lol
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I would follow a progressive lifting program for best results. Something like Strong Curves.

Yes you can target the glutes, putting more focus on hip thrusts, glute bridges, deadlifts, glute accessories, but I wouldn't cut out all squats and lunges just yet until it starts to become a problem (if ever). Again Strong Curves is great for that I find.

Toned legs and flat abs come from losing bodyfat. Given your stats you can look into recomposition.. maintaining your weight while gaining muscle and losing fat slowly over time. Or if you are pretty lean already and want to gain you can run a bulk (but you will have to put the goal of getting leaner on hold for now).
  • helengains
    Options
    Thank you. Is that program on here. I don't mind putting few pounds on. Definitely can't get any leaner lol. Need muscle then I can kiss goodbye to the last bits of stubborn fat. Thank you. I can't financially afford to eat loads of protein so probably won't reach my goals but I might get close
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    Options
    So, yes - sorry, I knew what was in my mind....ABSOLUTELY do squats. Just be mindful that some people are quad-dominant (which means that your thighs are going to build up). But, as sardelsa stated, look at Strong Curves. I suggested that to a young lady here in Winston-Salem today, in fact. Bret C is awesome.

I do not know if we are allowed to include links to other web sites....but google "Bret Contreras" and "Strong Curves" and you will find it. It is a .pdf that is 36 pages and has four or five work-out programs in it. One of them is for home workouts. Miss @sardelsa might be a really excellent resource. If I understand things correctly - and my memory serves me well - she has accomplished a lot of her current physique at home. I believe that she stated that somewhere.
  • helengains
    Options
    Brilliant thank you so much
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    So, yes - sorry, I knew what was in my mind....ABSOLUTELY do squats. Just be mindful that some people are quad-dominant (which means that your thighs are going to build up). But, as sardelsa stated, look at Strong Curves. I suggested that to a young lady here in Winston-Salem today, in fact. Bret C is awesome.

I do not know if we are allowed to include links to other web sites....but google "Bret Contreras" and "Strong Curves" and you will find it. It is a .pdf that is 36 pages and has four or five work-out programs in it. One of them is for home workouts. Miss @sardelsa might be a really excellent resource. If I understand things correctly - and my memory serves me well - she has accomplished a lot of her current physique at home. I believe that she stated that somewhere.

Thanks! Yea I workout at home (I have some equipment but not all), bulked twice, followed Strong Curves and Get Glutes (a sister program to SC)
  • helengains
    Options
    I need to print this program off next week and stick on my kitchen cupboard
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    Options
    You are both welcome! Glad to help.