Made Peace With My Body

Options
My BMI is currently 24.3. I took a progress photo of myself yesterday and it is the first time in awhile I've gotten a good look at myself and I didn't realize it but I think I look amazing! I just posted about my weight about a week ago asking what goal weight I should reach for. I'm happy with what I am now and if I lose more that's fine too. I live healthy, I feel healthy and now I look healthy! So what do you guys think? Do I look good to join the maintenance club?9tja4tvln7b1.jpg

Replies

• French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    You look amazing--congratulations on your loss! And more importantly, on your healthy attitude, both mentally and physically. Maintenance is a very good place to be. :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, yes.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    You look amazing... I am someone who should weigh 140 (the highest of my range) When I started this lifestyle change I weighed 260lbs with sights on a goal weight of 199lbs. :p Obviously still considered obese but none the less it would be a 60lb loss. I got to the 199 (never thought I would ever do it) and decided that 180 would be a good "goal" weight. I am now in the 180's and have changed my GW yet again to 160. My point on this long winded ever changing GW disclosure is that you never know how you are going to feel at a certain weight and sometimes those "chart" weights may not be your Healthy Happy Place. You look great, and better yet you feel happy healthy and fit... Seems like Maintenance is the place for you. Congratulations!!!
  • aliciaaw
    aliciaaw Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job
  • chioreo
    chioreo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You look great and your hard work has paid off! Congrats.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I think you look good. But what you said is the most important thing you have to be happy with yourself. What you have to remember is that weight is just a subjective number.

Tumi BMI is total b***s***. Every guy in the NBA is either overweight or obese according to the BMI index. BMI does not take muscle mass versus fat into account.

The most important thing is if you can look in the mirror and you're happy with what you see that's all that matters.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I think you look good. But what you said is the most important thing you have to be happy with yourself. What you have to remember is that weight is just a subjective number.

Tumi BMI is total b***s***. Every guy in the NBA is either overweight or obese according to the BMI index. BMI does not take muscle mass versus fat into account.

The most important thing is if you can look in the mirror and you're happy with what you see that's all that matters.

Not everyone is a professional athlete!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    You look good and it sounds as though you feel good too- welcome to the Maintainers Club :)

Set yourself a weight range, somewhere between 5-10lbs, and know that you will fluctuate between those numbers. However, if you start to consistently stay close to under or over your range start to take remidial action by increasing or decreasing your calories.

Once you have stabilized your maintenance calories you can chose whether or not to continue counting and weighing your calories. Some do it for a few months others know it is for a lifetime, both, and anything in between, are good. Just find what will work for you.

Cheers, h.