Nuclei overload training

Options
So I started this new training program that consist of working out the same body part for a month straight. Going to failure every day. I am going to do it on my biceps and then next month try it out on my triceps. What do you guys think about this kind of training.

Replies

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    Who thinks up these things? SMH
  • 35dollars
    35dollars Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Surely the whole point of weight training is to over-stress the muscles to stimulate growth in the recovery? But, with this 'programme', you're eliminating all the recovery
  • mwd1764
    mwd1764 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Where do these things come from?
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    That program makes Wendler's appear to be optimal.

Seriously, it's silly at best.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Here's a hint...if you're doing some super special off the wall training that no one else in the entire fitness community has even heard of, let alone followed, it's a complete waste of time and you shouldn't do it.
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about Migan's concept?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqweJ2nQSp4
    It is just adding daily submax-effort, low-weight, high-rep work to an existing program. He may have come up with the name, but he did not invent the concept. Meh. You may get something out of it if your current program frequency is too low or it lacks adequate volume. You may also end up with an injury if you don't get the intensity right.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Smidge22 wrote: »
    What do you guys think about this kind of training.

A waste of time and effort.
    Quite a high chance of injury.
    While you are concentrating all your efforts on isolation lifts on one small muscle the rest of you is atrophying.

Can't think of a single benefit.

Overall rating: 0/10

co-sign ...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    So I started this new training program that consist of working out the same body part for a month straight. Going to failure every day. I am going to do it on my biceps and then next month try it out on my triceps. What do you guys think about this kind of training.

I think you need to stop browsing broscience.com for workout programs...
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Have some kid who comes in 5 days a week (at least - I'm not there all 7 days, lol) and grabs a curl bar, throws 25# plates on it and goes to work. He does as many bad form curls as he can - switch to 10# plates, do preachers, switch to DB's and do swinging hammers (lol) and finish doing curls on the cable machine. Takes about an hour to work through the volume he was pumping into his biceps.

Fast forward 9 months - he's still doing the same exact weights, still bad form and still skinny as *kitten*... granted, he's probably no eating enough to sustain growth but I wonder if he calls what he's doing "Nuclei Overload Training". ;)
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options

just don't do it in the squat rack. Let us know the results.
  • Smidge22
    Smidge22 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I still hit my other lifts during the month. I just hit arms everyday. I hit arms in the morning then let them rest til the next day but I don't let them completely get healed. Yes it is risky. Your muscle fibers get use to being worked every day that it keeps a pump.
  • Smidge22
    Smidge22 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    You're missing out on all the good stuff. Honestly, if your back or chest are weak your biceps and triceps growth will be limited. It's a really poor program for all those guys who just want to have big arms and it's not going to accomplish that.

To be direct: That plan sucks and you're going to waste a few months figuring that out.

I lift and hit them twice a week going really heavy.