Forgot to take measurements

Options
So I have just weighed in and have only lost 1lb this week. I have worked out as had as I could and have been under my calories. I did not take measurements when I began (2 weeks ago). I feel like I may have lost inches but not sure because I forgot to measure.
Not the result I wanted :-(

Replies

• theabsentmindednurse
    Options
    It's not too late.
    Take your measurements today along with photos.
    Do so regularly, along with weighing yourself.
    It will give you an overall picture of your weight loss journey.
    Try not to be discouraged.
    Your body's shape and physiology is changing with your new regime. Stay focused.
    You will get there. This is a marathon, not a sprint.
    It will take time. An entire lifetime. You will get there. :):D
    Just keep pushing!!
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    It's only been two weeks since you started?! Go ahead and take measurements and photos now, and continue maybe once a week. Remember this is a marathon, not a sprint. Don't burn out and crash because you worry about expecting too much too soon.

My weight can go up or down about 4 pounds in a week with no changes in my calories or activity levels. Stress, exercise, hormones, amount of sleep, dietary changes and a hundred other things will make your weight fluctuate. Just keep an eye on your overall progress over the whole time, not one particular week.
  • thechiopodist
    thechiopodist Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I haven't bothered about measuring myself. If I'm losing weight and my clothes are fitting better, then I know I'm getting thinner.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    ONLY a pound? That's great progress. You might want to adjust to having more realistic expectations to avoid future disappointments. What kind of results were you expecting?
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options
    One pound per week is excellent progress. Take your measurements now. They won't be all that different after only 2 weeks.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I didn't take measurements for 3 months after I started.

Immediately after changing how I ate and increasing activity I felt better, so I wasn't too concerned with how quickly the numbers on the scale were dropping.
  • chantellenicholson6648
    Options
    So true thank you all, I guess I will aim for 1-2lbs for the future
  • hydechildcare
    hydechildcare Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I didn't take measurements for when I started. I took them at 2 weeks in and then at my first complete month of MFP. I won't take again until month 2 is complete.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    1lb loss is great, well done and keep up the good work :smile:
  • rayzerwolf
    rayzerwolf Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    When I did my first measurements I wanted to make myself feel better so I sucked my ponch in a little bit. Now I can tell I have lost inches and don't suck in my ponch and its .5" less then when I was sucking my ponch in. LOL I knew I was only lying to myself but now regret it because now I don't see how far I have come as clearly.

Just measure now don't fret it. Also don't lie to your self like I did you will thank your self later.
  • nikkipoooo
    nikkipoooo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think it's too early in your journey to let yourself get too discouraged or to feel like you're "doing it wrong". You're just getting started, and you're going to have some missteps, so take this opportunity to practice letting it go and moving on.

Just imagine you're taking a roadtrip... if you realized 2 blocks away from your house that you didn't lock the door would you tell yourself "Meh, it's been unlocked for 10 minutes, no point in locking it now," or would you lock it ASAP and get back on the road? If you hit some traffic 15 minutes out, and you didn't get as far as you wanted in those first 15 minutes would you give it up?
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Take measurements now. You're only 2 weeks in, they probably won't be that much different than they would have been at the beginning. Good job on losing a pound! 1lb a week is good
  • chantellenicholson6648
    Options
    So true I am on the slow and steady road now.
    Thank you
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Inches fall much more slowly than weight. Take measurements once a month. 1lbs is good. Keep going.