Pregnancy weight loss

Options
Hi guys,

I am looking for friends to help support me in my pregnancy weight loss journey.

Replies

• JLPadron86
    JLPadron86 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same Journey. How old is your little one? It felt like I was recently pregnant for 2 years straight. I have 9 year old, 7 year old, 15 month old and 3 month old. I'm the biggest I have ever been at 215 and 5'5". Add me.
  • KayTeeOne
    KayTeeOne Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    On the same journey . My baby is 9 months now. I have 20lbs to lose. I'm 5'6". Feel free to add me
  • latonya0623
    latonya0623 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    On this journey as well baby 8 months
  • debbiezag
    debbiezag Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    baby is 6 weeks- same boat! feel free to friend me for support!
  • RAREBIRDART
    RAREBIRDART Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My little one is 6 months, and I am looking to lose the remaining weight, AND the weight from my previous pregnancy in 2015.

• sreese527
    sreese527 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My little girl is 6 weeks and I have not been able to accept my new postpartum body image. Still wearing maternity clothes because I can't bring myself to shop according to my new weight and have 20#'s to go until I can fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes. We're in this together!

Anyone breastfeeding and able to find that option in the settings to appropriately reflect the calorie and nutrient intake??
  • JLPadron86
    JLPadron86 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    sreese527 wrote: »
    My little girl is 6 weeks and I have not been able to accept my new postpartum body image. Still wearing maternity clothes because I can't bring myself to shop according to my new weight and have 20#'s to go until I can fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes. We're in this together!

Anyone breastfeeding and able to find that option in the settings to appropriately reflect the calorie and nutrient intake??

I am breastfeeding and I would be interested in that info if you find anything out.
  • mlm7281
    mlm7281 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have two little ones (3yo and 18mo). Finally starting to try to loose the weight for real. I have before but wasn't really successful
  • cococa
    cococa Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My little girl is 8 weeks on Thursday and I still have 15lbs to lose. I'm also still wearing maternity pants, and having a hard time with my new body. I really thought breastfeeding would help it melt away faster, but I think it's making me hungrier so I'm eating more than I need to. That's why I'm back on mfp. I haven't found a setting, but I read that bfing burns 200-500 calories per day, so I'm just adding 200 calories burned by bfing as a custom exercise to my diary. I'm also going out for walks/jogs with the stroller more even if all she gives me is 15 minutes, I figure it will add up over the day. Just be careful...the first time I tried jogging again I totally peed my pants. I went from 0 exercise up to 7 weeks and now I'm putting in 1-3 miles a day...slow pace but it's something. I also found a calculator online so I could figure out calories burned walking/jogging with a baby and a stroller. Hopefully I can shed even just 5 more pounds before we head to a wedding in October. Good luck to you!
  • divinehipster69
    divinehipster69 Posts: 17 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I have a 1 month old. I have 7 pounds till I'm at pre pregnancy weight. I would like to lose 9, or more. As much as I can without my husband bitching that I've lost my butt lmao. Time to start doing squats again now that I'm mostly healed Dx
    Add me if you want to, guys. It would be interesting to see what's working for others.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    On the same journey I'm 5'4 with a 9 month old. Weighed in at 158 heaviest I've been I'm now down to 138 but far from my goal!
  • niamhbob
    niamhbob Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    sreese527 wrote: »

My LO is also 6 weeks. I read somewhere that if you set your goal to maintain weight while breastfeeding you will lose weight as you burn approx 500cal from breastfeeding. I did this last week and it seems to be working. I weighed myself today and I'm 2lbs down. I hadn't lost a lb since week 2 so I'm feeling a bit more positive. I'm fed up wearing maternity yoga pants.
  • Pretty_BBW
    Pretty_BBW Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm on this journey as well baby girl is 10 months. We are in this together!!!! Add me guys!!!
  • AMV91
    AMV91 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Feel free to add me.

I have a 3 year old and now a 6 week old. I lost 100 lbs in between my babies and I have 73-95 lbs to go to a healthy BMI. Daily logger and I workout from home :)
  • SLowry92
    SLowry92 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow so many people on the same journey as me. Glad I am not alone. My little boy is 20 weeks old. I need to get weight shifting as I feel so unhealthy and out of breath. Re joined the gym a few days ago too xx
  • Tulipgirl1223
    Tulipgirl1223 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, i have a 5w old, we are ebf. I added 500 calories to my day, on top of the few hundred i burn on my daily walks with baby. Feel free to add me
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi ladies. I just had my luttle guy a few days ago so not trying to lose right now, want to let my supply come in before I start messing with things. I will probably get back at it in a few weeks. I did want to post this link though:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176233/gaining-weight-during-pregnancy-and-losing-it-post-partum

I found it a very useful read and it covers how much and how to log breasfeeding calories in the second half for those of you who were asking.

~best wishes to you all
  • huneycutt13
    huneycutt13 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Does it count if my daughter is 24 months? LOL

But in seriousness, the part that made me eat the most was sleep deprivation. I find that if you aren't getting enough rest your body's hormones that controls hunger/appetite are out of whack. But, now that she's STTN, I got used to all the bad eating that I was doing!