Morning weight is more than at night

Options
Hi. Last couple of days I weigh more early morning as soon as I get up than at night.
I have been losing weight consistently but stumped by this. No idea why it's happening. Any suggestions ??

Replies

• JRSINAZ
    JRSINAZ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    In High School I played football and lost 5 pounds every afternoon in 2 hours then gained it back over night haha
  • vness693
    vness693 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im the same, for me it's water. Assume it's because we don't produce as much urine overnight, so it has to wait until daylight hours (and activity in my case) to make it's appearance
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    It is the same for me because I tend to eat a lot of my daily food close to bedtime, so my weigh in is usually in the early evening.
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    vness693 wrote: »
    Im the same, for me it's water. Assume it's because we don't produce as much urine overnight, so it has to wait until daylight hours (and activity in my case) to make it's appearance

Just be glad you don't have to get up twice a night to pee!
  • hydechildcare
    hydechildcare Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My weight can be higher in the mornings if I have had salty food for dinner. Once I weight myself was upset because of a gain. Walked around feeding the pets, getting coffee started, and lunches pack. Came back and lost 3 pounds. Now I weight in after I do those 3 three things. Who would have thought 30 minutes makes a huge difference.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    susanp57 wrote: »
    vness693 wrote: »

Just be glad you don't have to get up twice a night to pee!

Twice? Wish that was all (getting old sucks).
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    When ya poopin?

Also, don't worry about it, and it might be worth only weighing once a day. The data you're getting by weighting at different times of day is pretty much just noise.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Must be humid there! :)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    My head would explode if that happened to me, so I don't weigh before going to bed.
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Sometimes during the night I wake up thirsty or hungry, so I keep a bottle of water by my bed. If I drink a lot, I will sometimes weigh more in the morning.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself multiple times per day...weight fluctuates all over the place throughout the day...
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I would just compare morning weights to morning weights and stop weighing at night.
    It is pretty normal to weigh different amounts at different times of day.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    If you weigh right before bed and then weigh after getting up without eating or drinking in between it wouldn't be possible to weigh more when you get up.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    If you weigh right before bed and then weigh after getting up without eating or drinking in between it wouldn't be possible to weigh more when you get up.

This. Technically it should be impossible to weigh more the following morning after weighing yourself right before going to bed. That said, if you are comparing your morning weight to a weight later in the same day and the morning weight is heavier, then it's just a function of water/body processes/timing.