Belly fat

Options
Anyone know any exercises or food or methods that can target belly fat and tighten skin? I have a pouch on my belly from having a baby! Anything helps!

Replies

• GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    It's not possible to do that unless you get surgery. No food or exercise will target fat. You can target or strengthen the muscles under the fat, but you can only lose fat from a calorie deficit. It comes off where it wants to, there is no way to know.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I know there's no spot reducing but i was wondering for like moisturizing products that have helped or exercises that have helped.

Those types of things are spot reducing. No moisturizing product or exercises help target belly fat or tighten skin. Spot reducing (which is what you are wanting to do) is only possible through surgery.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    It's not like a flap of skin or anything, it's basically just a little pouch that sits in between my hips. I haven't lost the pouch completely yet but it is shrinking but it's a lot more resistant than I thought it would be, there's not much skin for it to be lose I assume it will bounce back if not I was wrong lol.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    Thank you for the insights. I mean I want to lose weight everywhere I'm just more self conscious about that. But I guess I just gotta keep at it and hope it goes back to normal!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    It's not like a flap of skin or anything, it's basically just a little pouch that sits in between my hips. I haven't lost the pouch completely yet but it is shrinking but it's a lot more resistant than I thought it would be, there's not much skin for it to be lose I assume it will bounce back if not I was wrong lol.

it depends on the elasticity in your skin. sometimes it will bounce back and other times it wont. if it isnt loose skin then its either fat,weak core muscles,or bad posture. or a combo of those things.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

There are two possible things it could be:

1. Fat
    2. Your guts pushing out since you don't have core muscles.

Both can be fixed through following a progressive lifting routine. If you are within a healthy weight for your height you can maintain weight while lifting weights and see that bump improve over time.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    diannethegeek I just checked it out, thank you for the link!!
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    I don't have expectations, I know it'll be a long bumpy road to get this off. Yes I've asked for products or methods that help boost it along but I'm not asking for a miracle.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    I was just about to post but I hit done on accident lol. So basically I have bad posture but I've taken correct step towards improving it. I'm not sure about weak core muscles, I just assumed it was fat. I do strength training with my fiancé who is active duty in the military and he told me this will work (his exercises) but basically I read and watched, NOT SURE IF ITS TRUE, but that if you gain muscle under the fat it will make your stomach look bigger thus I feel as if I need to lose the weight before doing core training BUT I do core exercises anyways because I feel as if it would help. I do about 60 sit ups a day, 50 v ups and a minute of planking on each side than a normal plank. Every other day I include leg day, which I basically do 100 squats and iron titans til my legs don't let me go anymore. I walk about 6 miles on tuesdays and thursdays and I run on saturdays. I can't really do much because I have a baby and I can't run with him while my fiancé is at work and I can't go to the gym because I can't take the baby in there with me!
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    My fiancé works from about 6am to 8-9pm so there's really no time to go for a run unless I run in the dark which can't happen because I'd trip lol.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    I was just about to post but I hit done on accident lol. So basically I have bad posture but I've taken correct step towards improving it. I'm not sure about weak core muscles, I just assumed it was fat. I do strength training with my fiancé who is active duty in the military and he told me this will work (his exercises) but basically I read and watched, NOT SURE IF ITS TRUE, but that if you gain muscle under the fat it will make your stomach look bigger thus I feel as if I need to lose the weight before doing core training BUT I do core exercises anyways because I feel as if it would help. I do about 60 sit ups a day, 50 v ups and a minute of planking on each side than a normal plank. Every other day I include leg day, which I basically do 100 squats and iron titans til my legs don't let me go anymore. I walk about 6 miles on tuesdays and thursdays and I run on saturdays. I can't really do much because I have a baby and I can't run with him while my fiancé is at work and I can't go to the gym because I can't take the baby in there with me!

it could also be stretched out ligaments and muscle too from being pregnant and some women need surgery to fix them. my sister has this issue and even when she was underweight she had a BIG belly she still does but hers hangs, do you think its possible you have Diastasis Recti? that can also cause those issues as well and some exercises can make it worse.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I don't have expectations, I know it'll be a long bumpy road to get this off. Yes I've asked for products or methods that help boost it along but I'm not asking for a miracle.

There just aren't any.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    I haven't spent any money on any moisturizers. And @CharlieBeansmomTracey I don't know I have never heard of that! I went to a plastic surgeon to find out a price to get it fixed, needless to say they said they would have to go under my skin and fix up the muscle because it got tore during pregnancy but I feel as if they were just trying to get me to feel the need that I need to buy it and spend more money to have it done!