Losing my bulking virginity

Options
What is average time to bulk. I'm 35 5ft 2 tiny frame and probably about 8 stoneish. Want lean muscle and hopefully a killer booty

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    helengains wrote: »
    What is average time to bulk. I'm 35 5ft 2 tiny frame and probably about 8 stoneish. Want lean muscle and hopefully a killer booty

Most people I know bulk from 3 to 6 months, depending on how lean they start, personal timelines and genetic predisposition of body fat.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I would typically bulk 4 months or longer (depending on how much you want to put on. My last bulk was 8 months and I made the most significant changes during that time (but not everyone wants to go that long)
  • helengains
    helengains Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a go. I'm a size 6 now. Would love to be a healthy size 8 but with muscle. Big booty and lean everywhere else :) I already have big bump which is OK shape as I get lot of compliments but it like two big water balloons. I don't mind a bit of fat padding just not a big jigging booty lol
  • helengains
    Options
    Big bum not bump lol
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'll give it a go. I'm a size 6 now. Would love to be a healthy size 8 but with muscle. Big booty and lean everywhere else :) I already have big bump which is OK shape as I get lot of compliments but it like two big water balloons. I don't mind a bit of fat padding just not a big jigging booty lol

Well you don't get lean bulking. That is what cutting is for.
  • helengains
    Options
    Yeah I'll give it a go. Might feel uncomfortable putting weight on but what the heck
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'll give it a go. Might feel uncomfortable putting weight on but what the heck

Yea it can be uncomfortable but keep your eye on the prize, believe me it is so worth it :)
  • helengains
    Options
    Hell yes. I've always been slim so to put weight on will feel mega uncomfortable but I'll remind myself of the killer bum I'll have at the end :)
  • pielattes1
    pielattes1 Posts: 62 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @helengains - What are some of the strategies you (or anyone else reading this thread) have to help you "cope" with putting on the weight? I could use some suggestions. I start to get weird when my pants start fitting tight so I lose focus. thanks!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    pielattes1 wrote: »
    @helengains - What are some of the strategies you (or anyone else reading this thread) have to help you "cope" with putting on the weight? I could use some suggestions. I start to get weird when my pants start fitting tight so I lose focus. thanks!

Mentally you will find your comfort zone as you learn to 'trust' the process. It might take you going through 1 or 2 bulk/cut cycles. Look at it as in order to build muscle fat gains are a necessary component. Bulking over fall/winter months allows me wear leggings and baggier clothes too.
  • helengains
    Options
    I would say keep in mind you will look amazing for it. Your cocoon stage, bulk then unleash the beautiful ripped butterfly. I'm going to buy some size M leggings. I'll be living in leggings for the months ahead. Parka jackets for runs. P.j bottoms in house lol. I'll invest in new clothes when I unleash the gains lol :) x