Females 40 lbs 1 year goal

Options
shimmer_glo
shimmer_glo Posts: 103 Member
edited September 2017 in Motivation and Support
Hello, I’m a 37 year old female looking for other females who might want to check in on a daily basis and keep each other motivated. I’m trying to lose 40 lbs in a year.

I lost 48 lbs last year but have gained some of it back and have more to lose. Some days I do well and then other days I lose the motivation and undo my progress. I think having some friends to be accountable to would help me.

I am currently shooting for 12 to 1400 calories a day, eating mostly whole grains and trying to stick to healthy, protein rich foods, although if I have one of those days and a snickers bar fits in the calories, that’ll probably be in my log. :) I am lowering fat for calorie purposes but am not afraid of fat and eat a fair amount of it. I plan one cheat meal a week.

I am doing a half hour of weights combined with a little cardio four days a week plus one weekly session of yoga and a jog when I can fit it in. So roughly 4 to 6 workouts a week.

If you’re in the same boat and would like to stick around for the long haul I would love to have some buddies.

Replies

• Sigma28
    Sigma28 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi Shimmer, feel free to add me. I'm looking to lose 35 more pounds. I'm set at 1200 cals a day. I keep an open diary. I'm not the cleanest eater, so don't ever feel judged. I usually workout 6-7 days. I'm definitely here/been here for awhile and am active on mfp.
  • shorayna
    shorayna Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, my initial goal is losing 40 and I am also set at 1200 calories. I have been doing well so far and I know we need all the support we can get. Let's do this!!