Weight gain

Options
I am ready to bulk but realise that I'm going to have huge bum and boobs as they already are curvy enough. I might as well rock the curves rather than hating them. Pull in pants and a good bra should do the trick lol :)

Replies

• Movemoreguy22
    Movemoreguy22 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Go for it Helen rock yourself out
  • helengains
    helengains Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Haha. Yes. In 6 months I'll be pleased I started. I feel bit chubby already but that's water I think. As long as I track macros It will be worth it
  • taterfitness
    taterfitness Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your bulking Helen! You got this!
  • helengains
    Options
    Thank you :) I can't wait for the results :)
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    So, might I be the buzz kill and ask an important question? Yes? Thank you! I promise to be kind.....

What is your current body fat percentage? Is it roughly 20%? And, by roughly, I do not mean 25%? I mean 20%.

If you start a bulk and your body fat percentage is higher than 20% (roughly.....everyone is different....but this is a good 'rule of thumb') and you go on a bulk then you might not like the results! It seems pretty clear that you are okay rocking - and I quote you with this - a huge bum and boobs.

If you are more than 20% body fat, then consider doing | continuing a cut until you get there......once you are there maintain for 'a few weeks' and then start your bulk. And 'a few weeks' could be two or three or six or seven....whatever works for you.

What is your cutting | bulking history?

You stated that you '..are ready to bulk'. To me, that implies (and this is pure assumption) that you are currently cutting.....

Your history is important....the more times you cut | bulk the longer it takes each time (to properly do it). Sorry....just keeping it real. No one likes to hear "it might take longer" or "you need to cut down to 20% and then stay there for a bit".
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    Options
    And, AMEN TO YOU for going on a bulk. I think that is awesome. So many women are afraid to do that. They are afraid that they will look "manly". Generally speaking, that is not going to happen. I mean, a woman would have to try really hard to do that...and still would not likely look anything close to a man.

So, once you are ready to go on that bulk, you just ROCK IT, girl!
  • helengains
    Options
    Awesome. I will definitely find out my body fat percentage tomorrow for sure. Haha yes I will give it a go for sure :)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    filbo132 wrote: »
    And, AMEN TO YOU for going on a bulk. I think that is awesome. So many women are afraid to do that. They are afraid that they will look "manly". Generally speaking, that is not going to happen. I mean, a woman would have to try really hard to do that...and still would not likely look anything close to a man.

So, once you are ready to go on that bulk, you just ROCK IT, girl!

Exactly, women that have a body shaped like a man usually take special vitamin pills *cough*.

Vitamin "S"
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Vitamin pills? HHHmmmmmmm, whatever could you mean? Oh....it just hit me. Those P.E.D. thingies, right? Um, the Personal Electronic Device, right? I see women with those things all the time. I never knew that those cute little devices strapped to their arms would have such a resounding effect. :smiley:

That is a very interesting delivery system for vitamins!