Binge eating disorder

Options
Hello, I've been diagnosed with anxiety, depression and a binge eating disorder. Sometimes I feel like I have no control over my body and my eating but I'm going to do everything in my power to track how I do. Even if I binge, I want to track it and try to do better. If anyone else is going through the same thing or could lend me some support, feel free to add me or message me and we can work together to achieve some goals, no matter how small.

Replies

• Saltfae
    Saltfae Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I too have binge eating disorder. I have a very unhealthy relationship with food and use it as a coping skill rather than fuel. Feel free to add me as I'm look in for helpful motivating friends who understand what I'm going through
  • BarretScarbrough
    BarretScarbrough Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    There is a guy on YouTube, I think the channel is called "fat meets fire" he discusses his weight loss journey and his personal struggles with binge eating to the point that he would leave himself nothing left in his panty and fridge. It may be helpful to watch.
  • Piperx222
    Piperx222 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've been fighting to get my binge eating and anxiety under control too, it's always there and but have been slowing learning to manage and am getting better at it - slowly. Logging is key for me, the visual of what I am doing help me curb it sometimes. Also breaking the cycle by when I'm feeling like I'm about to lose control try to remove myself from the situation (go away from food), do something physical if possible. Music helps me too. I'll put my headphones in, and zone out to a song or two to regroup, refocus, try to mentally reboot and avoid putting anything in my mouth. I'm unfortunately the type of binger that if I even get a taste of something, I have a hell of a time trying to stop...

Feel free to add me.