Desperate for some help! Binge eater living with a partner who is bulking!

Options
I started to lose weight 4 months ago since then I lost just over 1.5 stone. I started at 18 stone. It scared me so much seeing that number.
I’m now 16st 5lbs. And I’ve binged every weekend for about a month now.
It seems weekend is the problem I’m probably not the only one. But when my partner is off work he indulges in lots of foods and I can’t deal with it. I have an overpowering guilt over me right after even during eating these rubbish foods.
I lost nearly 2 stone and I want to continue losing weight. I’m proud of what I’ve done.
I even meal prepped for the whole weekend. But I left it and ate pizza. I’ve been depressed and I guess it’s a part of the cause. But just want to reach out to others who have battled the same. What did you do? What got you through this? How did you deal with eating whole healthy foods when others around you eat lots of starchy fatty foods?
Thanks so much to those who share their stories or offer advice.

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Well, there's nothing wrong with starchy fatty foods so long as they don't become a habit. Perhaps the restriction is not working for you? Do you feel deprived in the sense of seeing your partner eating things you've deemed you can't have? Instead of restriction see if you can find a way to work them into your calories. Some people will be super strict the whole week so they have more calories to "spend" on the weekend, some will eat lighter during the day so as to indulge in a calorie-heavy meal in the evening. The idea of "good" and "rubbish" foods may also not be helping. There's nothing wrong with enjoying a pizza or other such foods every once in awhile. Maybe also you could spice up your meal plan, I've found that foods and meals I get excited about I'm less likely to abandon. Finding what helps keep you full will also help curb appetite in most cases.
  • twinkles4
    twinkles4 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Michelle is correct, there is nothing wrong with enjoying the occasional pizza, however I know this can be so difficult with binge eating disorder. Especially if it triggers more of a binge. If you're not already seeing a counselor for the disorder, it may be a good idea to start.

IMO, I think mutual respect and cooperation is necessary here. He is your partner, have a open and honest conversation with him. Explain that you definitely don't want to determent his progress, but these foods and amounts of foods are triggering for you. Maybe you can come to some agreement where you take meals separately when he is home, and/or keeps his meals separate from yours.

When husband buys foods that are triggering for me, he hides them and eats them when I'm not around. We spoke on it and this was the agreement :)