Tea - How do you take yours?

Options
I would usually infuse Green, Hibiscus & Ginseng together and have about 3 cups a day (No Sugar Added)

Are their any better combinations for energizing the body and refreshing the mind?

Replies

• jelly_potato
    jelly_potato Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I typically drink a blend of thyme, st john's wort, red oregano (white is for cooking, red is for tea), and mint. I find it refreshing and the taste very pleasant. Either that or I'll make tea with some of the life-time supply of mountain horsetail my mother brought me from her hiking trips. I add no milk or sweeteners to my tea.
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    English breakfast with semi skimmed milk.
    Earl grey with lemon.
    Shamefully, SkinnyMint Morning Boost because I love the taste (green tea, mate, nettle, dandelion, guarana, orange extract)
    More recently hilarious blue tea with butterfly pea flower in because I think it's amusing (and I'm obsessed with "naturally_jo" on Insta!)
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I'm drinking. One of my favorites is a tropical green tea (has some passion fruit and hibiscus and some other things in it). I may put a tiny bit of agave nectar in it if I'm at home (a teeny bit of sugar If not at home). I also love a good spicy chai, and will usually add a teeny bit of sweetener to that. I find the quality of the tea often dictates whether I add anything. At work we have custom blends made for us by a local high end tea company, and I rarely sweeten those, but grocery store tea needs a bit of something.

I do love a chai latte with soy or almond milk, and will sometimes make a nice milky cuppa with black tea.
  • Riskay123
    Riskay123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    White tea with full cream milk
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Greens, Whites, and most herbals I drink just straight.
    Light Blacks some berry herbals I put a bit of cream in.
    Heavy Blacks, Rooibos, and some Pu-Erhs I I use a lot more cream.

I sometimes make "Heavy Tea" as it's a whole meal. Heavy Black tea, heavy whipping cream, coconut oil, and a bit of unsweetened cocoa. Keeps me full all morning long.
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Iced.. no sugar. Sometimes with mint leaves and lemon.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Lemon iced tea made by mixing a 2 quart packet of lemonade Crystal Light with a gallon of tea. I forgot who suggested it but it's actually really good. I also have a box of trial size loose leaf teas that I occasionally pick one from to try out, making a list of the ones I do like so far.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I love all sorts of black teas, herbals and white. Green is ok. Definitely don't care for rooibos. I never add anything to my tea. If something has to be added, then it's not the good stuff :)
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    khan2187 wrote: »
    Are their any better combinations for energizing the body and refreshing the mind?

What does refreshing the mind mean? The higher caffeine content, the more energy you will feel you have, so the longer you steep your tea, the more caffeine it could have.

I like vanilla, pumpkin, and chai teas when I want caffeine, and lemon, passionfruit, or blackberry herbal teas when I want to wind down. I hate chamomile, wish I liked it.

• CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,846 Member
    Options
    I had green tea with honey this morning.
  • stepea83
    stepea83 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Milky with 2 teaspoons of sugars, i wish i could have it without the sugar but i dont like the taste otherwise.
  • Newlife0327
    Newlife0327 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Green tea w lemon, lime , oranges, mint leaves
    No sugar
    Chilled
    Yummy
  • Newlife0327
    Newlife0327 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hibiscus with orange jce pineapple jce
    No sugar over ice
    Refreshing
  • Dayle1984
    Dayle1984 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    usually drink regular orange pekoe tea (or black tea such as English breakfast or earl grey) and I drink it with milk.

I used to use splenda and milk, so glad I ditched that habit about 8 months ago!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Unsweetened iced tea made with Twinings Mixed Berry (not cold brew tea bags- blech!)

Or Unsweetened iced green tea made with Mejier Berry store brand (Lipton new & improved....isn't).

For hot tea - current favorite is Twinings Winter Spice - it's camomile w/apple and cinnamon
  • phlegmfatale1
    phlegmfatale1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    usually not a fan of artificial sweeteners of any kind but lately in the afternoon when i can't stomach more coffee i'll have a green or black tea with half a packet of truvia
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Earl Grey straight up, or sometimes with a little unrefined sugar... if you get the good stuff, it doesn't need any sweetener. I also brew up a killer ground ginger/lemon/honey tea.
  • LaReineDesPixels
    LaReineDesPixels Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just started exploring. I mostly drink them straight: Oolong (fell in love with Tie Guan Yin!) White, Green, Black (when mixed with other herby stuff) in the mornings, some Pu-Erhs, and some herbals.

I try to drink Green on a daily basis, more of the other stuff I have over the weekend. It has helped me cut back on the alcohol.
  • Sairzie
    Sairzie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Lady Grey tea with skimmed milk or I have a delicious Twinings Rhubarb and Ginger that I very much enjoy.
  • Speziface
    Speziface Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Tea. Earl Gray. Hot.