Ch2-Ready to face the gains!

Options
31yc9fpa1jns.jpg

I started losing weight a while back and lost about 20 lbs over several months. Recently I've been feeling a bit bony and don't want to go any lower. Like a lot of people, I've struggled with the mentality switch from losing weight to maintaining/eating to gain muscle when I've spent months and months choosing the lower calorie options etc where as now I don't want to be doing that because I want to halt the weight loss.

It kind of feels like a new chapter. I've got myself some new workout gear and am ready to get toned but know I will struggle with increasing my calorie intake as I've gotten used to maintaining a lower calorie one. My motivation and mental place right now is good, anyone any advice for beating the weight loss habits for those inevitable times when I'm struggling?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you are making the switch over to bulking @NadNight! Believe me it is the most amazing thing. The curves I have built as a result are mind blowing and once you get over the scary factor, it is so much fun watching your body grow and transform. I now sit 10lb heavier than my starting weight and I look so much better (hello booty !) Especially love how I fill out dresses and bikini bottoms ;)

My advice would be to start small.. start with finding a lifting program you enjoy and will help you reach your goals. Then you can increase your calories slightly above maintenance (even just 125cal per day for 1lb gain per month to start). Then once you feel more comfortable you can increase as you please. Embrace the gains and changes as well as the strength.
    Good luck!

• NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    "sardelsa wrote: »
    " The curves I have built as a result are mind blowing and once you get over the scary factor, it is so much fun watching your body grow and transform. I now sit 10lb heavier than my starting weight and I look so much better (hello booty !)

Haha, the curves- specifically the booty!- are why I'm doing it :L I'm looking forward to being able to fill out my jeans!