Calling all Coffee drinkers!

Options
:)
So any neat ways you drink your coffee to keep it somewhat healthy!
I use coconut oil in place of creamer and in a blender to make it frothy! I also cut back to 2-3 8oz here and there, and switched to tea! But i still love my coffee! Its the one treat i want to keep in my meal plan!
Any other ideas to make it yummy!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I often drink my coffee with stevia, frothed milk, and sugar free hot chocolate mix sprinkled on top.

Alternatively I whizz it up with coconut butter (tastier than coconut oil, imo), stevia and hydrolyzed collagen powder.

If I'm out, I order a skinny cappuccino made with 3/4 hot water...

I don't consider coffee healthy or unhealthy... It's just a drink.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I used to use sugar-free Coffeemate creamer then got sick of that, then used regular Caramel Macchiato Coffeemate creamer but used way too much, then scaled back but even then most cups of coffee came in just under 60 calories a cup and I like coffee and was sick of wasting calories on creamer, so I switched to using 2oz (1/4 cup) Fat-Free milk, 1 packet of Splenda and sometimes use Torani sugar-free coffee syrups (Vanilla or Caramel) and also I've been using just flavored coffee's and flavored k-cups which helps with taste (for me). I liked Emeril's Big Easy Bold k-cup but something about the bold coffee and I think Splenda made it taste bitter so it has to be mild light roast or flavored coffees. Each cup is less than 30 calories now. Is it my fav. way to drink coffee? Not really, but sacrifices I shall make!
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I drink my one cup of coffee each morning to eliminate caffeine headaches and because I LOVE coffee. I just put my dark roast kcup in my keurig and I put one teaspoon of sugar and two tablespoons of coffeemate Italian sweet cream creamer. I’ve been drinking it this way for years and have never gotten tired of the taste. It’s not that many calories and I tend to usually keep my breakfast pretty low cal anyways so it works out for me. Some things I will sacrifice, but not real sugar and that creamer in my coffee. It sets my mood for the whole day and if it tastes off then it’s ruined. That’s why I stick to those measurements and ingredients. It’s perfect every time!
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I add whey isolate and chocolate milk to mine for a great preworkout protein shake.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    Black, good quality whole coffee beans, ground with a burr grinder, and brewed with a French Press. Tons of tutorials on YouTube. I like mine iced with one Splenda.
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Kokalol wrote: »
    :)
    So any neat ways you drink your coffee to keep it somewhat healthy!
    I use coconut oil in place of creamer and in a blender to make it frothy! I also cut back to 2-3 8oz here and there, and switched to tea! But i still love my coffee! Its the one treat i want to keep in my meal plan!
    Any other ideas to make it yummy!

I like plain black coffee.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened, black; or an unsweetened non-fat latte (if I can drink a glass of milk or pour it on my cereal, I can have it in my coffee).
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Black coffee - hot in the AM - iced later in the day at work - Eastcoast Jim
  • Kokalol
    Kokalol Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for inputs, lots of dif ways to try it! Love it
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I add whey isolate and chocolate milk to mine for a great preworkout protein shake.

This sounds good - Eastcoast Jim
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I drink it black while fasting and use powdered creamer otherwise.

When you drink coffee black you really notice if the coffee is good or not.

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    Lean59man wrote: »

?? I gotta say, the vileness that is powdered creamer is what taught me to drink it black in the first place, back when my preference was a splash of liquid whole milk or half-and-half. Powdered creamer leaves that oily film on top, it's sweeter than plain milk, it clumps, and it doesn't cool the coffee down, which was the main point of adding milk or half-and-half.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i drink my coffee with the same liquid creamer ive used for years. ill use sugar and milk if i have to.

of all the things i worry about, my coffee creamer isn't one of them. i log it and continue with my day.
  • SarahSloth342634
    SarahSloth342634 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Try different flavoured coffee. Have a look about, there are so many options. One of my favourites is Douwe Egberts "the flavour collective" plus I have a coffee machine where you put little capsules in it.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I call my favorite coffee Denzel Washington Coffee. Hot & Black
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I used to drink mine with sugar and half and half. Then I cut out the sugar and after a week or so, I found I didn't miss it. Now instead of half and half, I add a splash of skim milk. When I'm in the office, I drink it black just because I don't keep stuff in the fridge and I rarely drink it in the office.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I think it's delicious black. I do try to not overdo it, due to caffeine.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Lean59man wrote: »

?? I gotta say, the vileness that is powdered creamer is what taught me to drink it black in the first place, back when my preference was a splash of liquid whole milk or half-and-half. Powdered creamer leaves that oily film on top, it's sweeter than plain milk, it clumps, and it doesn't cool the coffee down, which was the main point of adding milk or half-and-half.

This is pretty similar to me. I drank it about half milk in school, and then in my first serious job I realized I was often going to meetings where the only "dairy" option was powdered creamer, and I decided to learn to like it black.

I also had this weird idea that real adults drank it black, but not being in the first half of my 20s anymore (or anywhere close, sigh) I'm over that!