Gaining Weight Tips

Options
ABOUT ME
I've always been skinny. I've never really tried to be skinny. I've always thought that I was usually the same weight as others but people have constantly reminded me that I'm skinny. At this point I'm fed up of it. I look quite slender. I was 123lbs/55kg and 5'9. I've gained 8 lbs/ 4kg Although I have gained I haven't noticed any difference. I've noticed I'm very inconsistent one day I eat alot the other day not so much.

Here we will discuss about tips that work for you. So others can learn

1. Putting honey in your milk helps for you to gain weight. Honey is good for weight loss and adding weight depends on how you use it.
2. Eat peanut butter!
3. Eat alot right after bed. This way you aren't burning calories.

These are the things that have worked for me tell me some tips aswell!

Replies

• skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    ABOUT ME
    I've always been skinny. I've never really tried to be skinny. I've always thought that I was usually the same weight as others but people have constantly reminded me that I'm skinny. At this point I'm fed up of it. I look quite slender. I was 123lbs/55kg and 5'9. I've gained 8 lbs/ 4kg Although I have gained I haven't noticed any difference. I've noticed I'm very inconsistent one day I eat alot the other day not so much.

1. Putting honey in your milk helps for you to gain weight. Honey is good for weight loss and adding weight depends on how you use it.
    2. Eat peanut butter!

I get the peanut butter.
    I have never heard about honey being good for weight loss. It is basically sugar. (I love honey. But I wouldn't recommend it to be good for weight loss.)
    When you eat your calories is not important, as you are always burning them, by living. It is about how much you burn and eat during the day. Not about when you do that. The last tip might for people who try to loose weight but get ravenous and overeat if they do not have a large enough breakfast. But the calories you eat for breakfast the same as the calories you eat for lunch. And if you burn more than you want to lose before eating you just need to eat them back.

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »
    ABOUT ME

2. Eat peanut butter!

I get the peanut butter.
    I have never heard about honey being good for weight loss. It is basically sugar. (I love honey. But I wouldn't recommend it to be good for weight loss.)
    When you eat your calories is not important, as you are always burning them, by living. It is about how much you burn and eat during the day. Not about when you do that. The last tip might for people who try to loose weight but get ravenous and overeat if they do not have a large enough breakfast. But the calories you eat for breakfast the same as the calories you eat for lunch. And if you burn more than you want to lose before eating you just need to eat them back.

this thread is about weight GAIN....
  • skymningen
    edited October 2017
    Options
    ABOUT ME

2. Eat peanut butter!

I get the peanut butter.

I know. But OP said honey is good for weight LOSS and I was wondering.
    Same goes for burning calories on specific times. It goes both ways. If you eat enough calories any time during the day, you are going to gain weight. If you eat less than you need for maintenance, you are going to lose weight. Meal timing is not going to make you lose or gain more, based on the same amount of calorie intake and expense. The only influence that eating much early could have is to keep people who want to lose from overeating because they get very hungry without a big breakfast (which I have heard many times).

• vanessaokoli12
    vanessaokoli12 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ABOUT ME

2. Eat peanut butter!

I get the peanut butter.

Same goes for burning calories on specific times. It goes both ways. If you eat enough calories any time during the day, you are going to gain weight. If you eat less than you need for maintenance, you are going to lose weight. Meal timing is not going to make you lose or gain more, based on the same amount of calorie intake and expense. The only influence that eating much early could have is to keep people who want to lose from overeating because they get very hungry without a big breakfast (which I have heard many times).

But I thought eating right after bed helps because after in taking the calories you go to sleep so your not really going to burn those calories by doing activities. I heard that taking honey, cinnamon and warm on an empty stomach helps for weight loss.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options

2. Eat peanut butter!

1. Putting anything in milk will help you gain weight if it provides extra calories to put you over maintenance. Stuff in milk will do nothing for weight gain if you are in a calorie deficit.
    2. I eat peanut butter... When losing weight...
    3. Eat a lot after bed could be dangerous... If I'm asleep I might choke. If you mean eat just before bed, I think my scales may be lying to me though as I've been losing consistently despite eating most of my calories at night...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I heard that taking honey, cinnamon and warm on an empty stomach helps for weight loss.

rubbish!
  • skymningen
    Options
    ABOUT ME

2. Eat peanut butter!

I get the peanut butter.

But I thought eating right after bed helps because after in taking the calories you go to sleep so your not really going to burn those calories by doing activities. I heard that taking honey, cinnamon and warm on an empty stomach helps for weight loss.

You can still burn that energy from the calories in the next day. It does not matter when you intake it, your body will store it until it needs it. Whenever that is.
    The honey cinnamon and warm milk stuff I have only heard for insomnia, so it makes you feel comfortable and fall asleep.

• joeyy888
    joeyy888 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem too. Finding it hard to gain weight. But then I'm also an inconsistent eater.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    joeyy888 wrote: »
    I have the same problem too. Finding it hard to gain weight. But then I'm also an inconsistent eater.

Eat consistently - by weighing solids and measuring liquids, then logging accurately, you can make sure you're eating sufficient calories to grow. Pre planning meals may be helpful so you can spread calories out over the day
  • vanessaokoli12
    edited October 2017
    Options

2. Eat peanut butter!

1. Putting anything in milk will help you gain weight if it provides extra calories to put you over maintenance. Stuff in milk will do nothing for weight gain if you are in a calorie deficit.
    3. Eat a lot after bed could be dangerous... If I'm asleep I might choke. If you mean eat just before bed, I think my scales may be lying to me though as I've been losing consistently despite eating most of my calories at night...

Really? I guess everyone is different. I never heard of peanut butter for losing weight though. I'd take milk often if I didn't hate it. Like I can only take milk with cereal and with stuff like cake. But never by itself
  • vanessaokoli12
    Options

I heard that taking honey, cinnamon and warm on an empty stomach helps for weight loss.

rubbish!

I just heard of it.
  • vanessaokoli12
    Options
    joeyy888 wrote: »

Eat consistently - by weighing solids and measuring liquids, then logging accurately, you can make sure you're eating sufficient calories to grow. Pre planning meals may be helpful so you can spread calories out over the day

Thanks although I don't make my own meals. But I guess I could try.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options

2. Eat peanut butter!

Really? I guess everyone is different. I never heard of peanut butter for losing weight though. I'd take milk often if I didn't hate it. Like I can only take milk with cereal and with stuff like cake. But never by itself

There are no specific foods that help you lose weight or gain weight. You can eat peanut butter and lose weight, if you're in a calorie deficit. You can eat peanut butter and gain weight if you're in a calorie surplus.

You don't "take" milk, it's not supposed to be medicine. Eat whatever food you like, in quantities that put you in a surplus to gain, or at a deficit to lose.
  • Eatsleepmath
    Eatsleepmath Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Smoothies really help boost your calorie count.
  • magicshrimp
    magicshrimp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Consistency is the key when it comes to weight gain. If you don't sort that out you're less likely to gain weight; if you do gain weight it'll take longer than it should.

If you can't eat 1000 calories each meal (I ate 3000 calories a day to gain 31 pounds in 2 months), you can split them up into smaller meals so about 500 calories per meal. Try to eat foods high in protein, carbs and calories. Things like nuts, peanut butter, tuna, eggs, pasta, rice, bagels, oats and granola are great things you can eat to help you gain weight. Combine foods together for optimal calorie counts.

Making your own smoothies is also good! Whey protein with greek yogurt, bananas, peanut butter etc! Just make sure the calorie count is higher. You're going on a calorie surplus journey so you gotta up it!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

2. Eat peanut butter!

You can eat anything you want while losing weight. Its about being in a calorie deficit, not consuming or NOT consuming particular foods and drinks.

For me and gaining weight, its all about surplus calories above maintenance and any foods and drinks I choose. Peanut butter and ice cream are on the top of the list.
  • vanessaokoli12
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice. I have to mention I am no professional so do correct me when I'm wrong so I know what I should be doing differently. Currently I don't think I want to start gaining weight right now because I'm so inconsistent and end up forgetting to eat meals and stuff like that. But once I'm less busy I'll try again. Thanks for the comments!!!
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice. I have to mention I am no professional so do correct me when I'm wrong so I know what I should be doing differently. Currently I don't think I want to start gaining weight right now because I'm so inconsistent and end up forgetting to eat meals and stuff like that. But once I'm less busy I'll try again. Thanks for the comments!!!
    It will be harder to skip eating if you have easy to carry snacks like assorted nuts and dried fruit. It's a start, anyway.
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    3. Eat alot right after bed. This way you aren't burning calories. !

Nope. False info. You burn calories even while sleeping.
    To gain weight, eat more calories than you burn. Calorie dense foods can help you achieve that if you struggle to eat more.