Haven't gained any weight

Options
I have been bulking for a month now and i haven't gained any weight! Im 178 cm and 61 kg. I do some heavy lifting 5-6 times a week and i eat around 2300 calories a day, 50% carbs, 25% protein and 25% fat. Does anybody have any tips for me?

Replies

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    Definitely eat more, I would try upping the protein a little too.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Eat more
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    In a bulk worry less about the proportion of macros. You are getting your minimum protein, so all calories will help. Foods with fat have double the calories per weight than either carbs or protein so they are a fast way to add more calories daily.

Cheese, butter, full fat dressings on your salad, peanut butter; they all add up.

Here's a trick to get more calories in. Switch your water to full fat milk.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Consume more calories be it food, shake, or a glass of milk until the weight starts moving up.
  • ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Go up to 2600-2800 and see if that helps. You're getting enough protein, so try upping your fat and carbs. Literally pour olive oil on all of your meals if that's what it takes.
  • astrun96
    astrun96 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!! I will try to go 2600 calories atleast :)
  • Rottweiler17
    Rottweiler17 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Eat more and if your a hard gainer you only need to be in the gym about 3 days a week or your body will burn up all those calories if you want to stay in the gym that frequent then you need to be eating over 3k calories. I’m a hard gainer and tried that diet and I had to increase to my amount now just to put on weight and size in two weeks I have added almost 6 lbs
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Eat more I am a tiny girl and I eat 2100-2600 just to MAINTAIN!