Before and after, 75 days on keto

Options
As the title suggests, I started a keto diet 75 days ago. I started at around 165lbs (5ft 6) and a size 8/10. I'm not sure how much exactly I have lost ( I don't own a scale, I'm too crazy :D) but I now can comfortably fit in a size 4. More importantly I have tons of energy for my two little ones, I feel great and I'm about 100% more confident in myself! I never thought I would post on here but here I am and I'm proud! Gl everyone!

nj7dt12wnkpx.jpg

Replies

• jlynn09883
    jlynn09883 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! I thought about trying that diet out but felt so overwhelmed with trying to figure out how to get all my fat in. How was it for you starting out?
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Let me be the first to tell you that you look fantastic. Ain't it great when you wear the little ones out and they scream "Mommy, mommy, slow down!"? Kudos to you. You can see that confidence in your eyes.
  • Lalasouli
    Lalasouli Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    jlynn09883 wrote: »
    Woohoo! I thought about trying that diet out but felt so overwhelmed with trying to figure out how to get all my fat in. How was it for you starting out?

It's easier to meet your needs for fat than you think. Also you don't NEED to do super high fat. Keto diet only NEEDS to be low carb. Just meet your protein goal, stay within your carbs and use fat where you need to help with hunger. It was really only tough for me the first couples days. It feels strange not to eat a lot of carbs but your body adjusts and then you feel great. Obv it's not for everyone... I'm no doctor so I can't say you should or shouldn't do it but I really like eating like this! GL
  • Lalasouli
    Options
    Let me be the first to tell you that you look fantastic. Ain't it great when you wear the little ones out and they scream "Mommy, mommy, slow down!"? Kudos to you. You can see that confidence in your eyes.

Thank you! They are still faster but I'm catching up haha
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    Options
    Keto is something that I have considered because of high A1C but am currently playing with a low carb nutrition plan. I am working out now (finally, back in the gym after three months) and timing my carb intake around my training. Not sure if I am going to go Keto, but if I do I am going all-in. Well, that will be the mind set.

How has Keto helped you vs. a different style of meeting your nutritional needs? And, just asking this without any agenda, you are still in a caloric deficit, so how was Keto key - for you? You say that you really like eating like that. I don't blame you. I love me some bacon and some avocado and and and. And, what is your carb intake, generally speaking? And, you are likely doing net carbs, right? So, carbs - fiber = net carbs?

I am always interested in what works for others. As you stated, everyone is different (well, you said that, just using different words). And Keto is def not for everyone.

Last question - have you ever had success with a simple "Calorie in | Calorie out" plan? Meaning, just eating in a caloric deficit without that plan having any "name" for it?
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    Options
    I played with the types of foods that you mention (healthy fat, protein and leafy/high fiber veggies) and LOVE it. However, my concern with Keto is I am prepping for a power lifting competition. In March, 2018. I know from reading | youtube that Keto is great and amazing for distance | stamina activities but not necessarily so wonderful for power lifting. So, moving towards keto in a controlled way. Doing the low carb thing now, as mentioned.

Anyway, don't want to highjack your amazing post with my situation. Keep on, keeping on! You really do look great.
  • Lalasouli
    Options
    I played with the types of foods that you mention (healthy fat, protein and leafy/high fiber veggies) and LOVE it. However, my concern with Keto is I am prepping for a power lifting competition. In March, 2018. I know from reading | youtube that Keto is great and amazing for distance | stamina activities but not necessarily so wonderful for power lifting. So, moving towards keto in a controlled way. Doing the low carb thing now, as mentioned.

Anyway, don't want to highjack your amazing post with my situation. Keep on, keeping on! You really do look great.

Hey thanks again and good luck in your competition!
  • pamela1129
    pamela1129 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm in my third week of Keto and I AM LOVING IT!!! This way of eating and living is wonderful. I'm never hungry, I have better mental clarity, and I get to eat delicious food! What's not to love? OH, and YOU LOOK FAB!!!!
  • psychethelover
    psychethelover Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yay! Great work, and you look amazing! I switched back over to keto for the second time after three years of being back into horrible eating habits. I have been doing it for almost a month now and I'm feeling super wonderful and seeing awesome results already! I am super excited to see where I'll be when I'm a few months in. Last time I lost 75 lbs within 5 months! I gained it all back, plus more. This time I'm serious about sticking to it, and I'm seeing low carb as a lifestyle that I can really stick to for the rest of my life. :)
  • mjhellmers
    mjhellmers Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    OP - Congrats!!!

For everyone doing keto...do you set a daily calorie goal as well or just worry about sticking to the daily carb limit?
  • SisepuedeLinda
    SisepuedeLinda Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Wow I’m so impressed! And inspired! And a little jealous lol that is so awesome! You look fabulous! Is your diary open to friends so I could add you and peek at your diary? :) I have a little one too and he is an energy ball I’d love to be in shape to be with him. But Wow!! I’m still in awe that this transformation happened in 75 days!!! You are a hero lol
  • jaimestewart1980
    jaimestewart1980 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Keep it up!
  • Lalasouli
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    I would go crazy without a scale .. but you did a great job looks like you lost about 30 pounds .. just a guess .
    How many carbs did you eat a day ? and was it 1200 calories ?

Thanks! I eat about 1500cals and 20 net carbs
  • vinerie
    vinerie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great! Can you provide some sample menus for what you would eat in a day?
  • Lalasouli
    Options
    Wow I’m so impressed! And inspired! And a little jealous lol that is so awesome! You look fabulous! Is your diary open to friends so I could add you and peek at your diary? :) I have a little one too and he is an energy ball I’d love to be in shape to be with him. But Wow!! I’m still in awe that this transformation happened in 75 days!!! You are a hero lol

Thanks I'm glad i could be of some inspiration haha. It's open to friends, Please feel free to add me
  • jamszy
    jamszy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Keto is great! Nice job!
  • gandssmith
    gandssmith Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    For anybody that's new to keto, there's a lot of great ppl on instagram you can follow to get ideas about what to eat. Ketoincanada is one that I follow. She's awesome and she has a beginner guide available. Think she's also on mfp but I've never looked her up. But you could also look at who she's following and find a bunch of great ppl to follow. Also pinterest has loads of keto recipes and such. Good luck on your journey!
  • drtm1233
    drtm1233 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job. You look amazing!
  • Hey_Porter
    Hey_Porter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    jlynn09883 wrote: »

Kind of reiterating what people are saying, but even "lazy keto" (i.e., not really focusing on macros other than low carb) can work wonders; I lost 75 pounds in six months after struggling to lose weight for several years. I'm not the best keto advocate, though, because what I really "believe in" is CICO, it's just that I found keto to be the easiest way to keep the calories low. As others have said, the keto diet kept me full eating food I loved (and got me off a bread and pasta addiction; I'm not keto anymore, but I still avoid pasta and bread because it makes me feel horrible), and I got to the point where I didn't even pay attention to calories because I knew I was well under my goal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!