How much to eat for lean muscle

Hi I am new I’d like to get some advice on how Much split my macros. I am 21 years old and my weight is 174p my height 5.11. My goal is learn how to eat healthy , to get bigger, stronger, to build lean muscle and to burn body fat and to have 6 pack. I workout 40 to 45 minutes 6 days a week, one day off and I run 1.50 miles tree days a week I’ve been working out for more than a year but I feel like I am not progressing my problem is I don’t know how to eat and how many calories should I eat a day to star building muscle to get all I want because if I workout hard but I am not eating right I won’t get results so I found this app about fitness if some can give me son tips advices y really appreciate the help

Replies

• moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Look up scoobys macro calculator. Find a good program and stick to it - progressive overload. Probably want to cut down on or stop cardio.
  • phillyeagles9358
    phillyeagles9358 Posts: 13 Member
    Don't underestimate how much you need to be eating! It is by far the most common mistake among men looking to put on muscle mass. Judging by your height and weight you probably need to be consuming around 2500 to 3000 calories per day. "Clean bulking" is extremely difficult to do but you need to make sure you are getting adequate amounts of protein. A good rule of thumb is anywhere between 1 to 1.5 grams per pound of body weight. I'd recommend packing on as much muscle mass as possible before being too concerned about macros right now. Get big first and then worry about cutting later on when you are happy about your size.
  • kayemali
    kayemali Posts: 59 Member
    You're the same height as me and weigh 20 pounds more than me so tbh I think you may wana start cutting and not bulking, and then start bulking again when finished cuttting
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    kayemali wrote: »
    You're the same height as me and weigh 20 pounds more than me so tbh I think you may wana start cutting and not bulking, and then start bulking again when finished cuttting

Why? They may have 20lbs more muscle?
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    kayemali wrote: »

Determining if cutting/bulking is the best course for an individual compared to your stats is not wise.

I am 4 inches taller than you but weight 90 lbs more than you. I assure you I don't need to cut for OP goals. One size fits all by weight is missing key information for action.

OP. What lifting program are you running and how are the lift progressing? How much is your weight gain on weekly average?
  • ijsantos2005
    ijsantos2005 Posts: 306 Member
    A calorie surplus of 200-250 is a good place to start.
  • flo_houdini
    flo_houdini Posts: 7 Member
    Down below is a step by step guide on how to build muscle. Hope nothing was left out.

1. Get Stronger. The best bodybuilders that ever existed were strong. They knew more strength is more muscle. Increase your Squat to 140kg/300lb, Bench Press to 100kg/220lb, and Deadlift to 180kg/400lb. Your overall muscle mass will increase because strength is size.

2. Add Weight. Forget about pump and soreness. Instead focus on adding weight on the bar. Try to lift more than last time. You’ll get stronger which will increase your overall muscle mass. If you don’t lift more today than last month or year, you’re not building muscle.

3. Do Compounds. Do exercises that work several muscles at the same time. You’ll be able to lift heavier weights which will trigger more muscle growth. The bulk of your routine should consist of heavy Squats, Bench, Deadlifts, Overhead Presses and Barbell Rows.

4. Use Barbells. You can lift heavier weights with barbells than any other tools. You also have to balance the weight yourself. Barbells involve more muscles and trigger more growth. Use free weights not attached to machines. Start light and use proper form to avoid injury.

5. Increase Frequency. The more often you train a muscle, the more you trigger it to grow. The more you do an exercise, the quicker your technique improves, and the heavier you can lift. Start Squatting, pressing and pulling three times a week instead of only once.

6. Recover. Your muscles need to recover from your workouts to grow stronger and bigger. They can’t recover if you work them hard every day. Even your mind needs a break. Take three to four rest days a week. Help your muscles recover by getting plenty of food, water and sleep.

7. Eat More. Your body uses food to fuel workouts, and recover muscles. Your muscles can’t recover and grow if there’s a shortage of food. Most guys need at least 3000kcal/day to build muscle. Skinny guys with high metabolisms need even more to gain weight.

8. Eat Protein. Your body uses protein to build new muscle, and recover damaged muscle tissue post-workout. You need 2.2g protein per kilogram of body-weight (1g/lb) to maximize muscle recovery and build muscle. For an 80kg/175lb guy, that’s about 175g of protein per day.

9. Get Real. You can’t get steroid-like results without using steroids. You can’t turn into Arnold in three months because building muscle takes time. Celebrities set unrealistic expectations. Stop trying to look like them. Focus on improving yourself. It will save you frustration.

10. Be Consistent. Most guys gain 0.25kg/0.5lb of lean muscle per week if they do an effective training program and eat well. You can’t gain muscle faster than this. It takes a year to gain 12kg/24lb of lean muscle and see dramatic change. Consistency is therefore key.

To know how many calories should you ingest every day, find online a Calorie Maintenance Level Calculator.
    Hope I was helpful, good luck mate !
  • sergio2582
    sergio2582 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks for the information mate