I am doing Strong Curves ebook, wanna join?

Options
I've lost 80lbs of fat and I'm trying to gain muscle over the next 9 months. My next 12 week program from Bret Contreras starts in January (I'm currently doing the 1st 12 week program). If you'd like to join, I'll share the program and we can get fit! I just want some accountabilibuddies!

Replies

• Mrsrobinsoncl
    Mrsrobinsoncl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am getting ready to start it! Ive been doing Stronglifts 5x5 for a little over a month, but want a little more in a program and ordered the Strong Curves book
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 80 lb loss; amazing work!

I've been halfheartedly following the Strong Curves plans that I found online. Is this what you are doing?
    I'd like to be on board for accountability.

https://bretcontreras.com/wp-content/uploads/Strong-Curves-Workout-Templates.pdf

I'm struggling with a solid plan. Every day I kind of waffle about what to do, and I struggle with resetting my brain to focus on building (weights and resistance training) not burning (cardio). I want a mix of plans I can do at home and the gym.
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Options
    I have the book also and it is awesome but I have not gotten into totally using the plan.....I'd join ya'll
  • EmbeeKay
    EmbeeKay Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I’m doing it right now! Feel free to add me! First phase took a loooong time (I started it near the end of my pregnancy and then took some time off) but now I’m trucking through Gluteal Goddess :D. I am working out from home with the bare minimum of equipment and I’ve still been blown away by the results. Going to add new equipment after the holidays!
  • rayzerwolf
    rayzerwolf Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I also have the book I would be interested in starting with others. Feel Free to add me.
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I am looking at starting it in January, feel free to add me ( lost a similar amount)
    Book is ony wish list for Christmas
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I’m doing SC, just started Week 9 although I’m in my third month. Great results so far; although I still feel like such a newbie, it’s given me real direction at the gym. And at home - the workouts have been pretty adaptable to my basement too. Feel free to add me!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in what lifts are included. I've been doing squats, bench, OHP, deadlifts, pull ups, and hip thrusts. Thinking of changing it up just a little...
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in what lifts are included. I've been doing squats, bench, OHP, deadlifts, pull ups, and hip thrusts. Thinking of changing it up just a little...

You can find the PDFs of the program online if you want to check it out
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    EmbeeKay wrote: »
    I’m doing it right now! Feel free to add me! First phase took a loooong time (I started it near the end of my pregnancy and then took some time off) but now I’m trucking through Gluteal Goddess :D. I am working out from home with the bare minimum of equipment and I’ve still been blown away by the results. Going to add new equipment after the holidays!

That's great to hear that the results have been so significant!! Would you mind sharing how long you've been at it, when you began noticing results, and the type of results?? I've been following a loose version of the program for several months now and only in the last month or so have I noticed the changes in my backside which is finally trying to sit back up and out. Lol I found that it was only after gaining a few pounds BACK that I was able to gain the look that I was seeking... I was pretty lean at my lowest and had lost most of my curves... they are coming back now but I had to put on a couple... any other ladies find themselves having to gain a bit as well to "fill out" (fill back out)?? I was 5'7.5 139 rectangular shape.. now I'm 5"7.5 148 and a shapelier rectangle. lol
    **Rectangular meaning my waist is only 8 inches smaller than my hips.** I thought I wanted to relose the weight but I'm thinking of just recomping at this size and leaving the scale alone!! This size visually is better.
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, and add me. lol
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Currently thinking about ordering Strong Curves as a way to get back into the gym! Is the program full-bodied, or does it mostly focused on booty building?
  • sardelsa
    Options
    Currently thinking about ordering Strong Curves as a way to get back into the gym! Is the program full-bodied, or does it mostly focused on booty building?

It is full body with quite a bit of focus on the booty.
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    Mrsrobinsoncl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've been doing strong lifts, but plan to start Strong Curves next Monday :) Feel free to add me
  • kristilynrivera
    kristilynrivera Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Im a total newbie.. ive lifted before but never followed through nor was consistent. Being in a group Would help and hold me accountable, plus having support from others would help me with my confidence! Would you say this is a good program for beginners and at home?
  • sardelsa
    Options
    Im a total newbie.. ive lifted before but never followed through nor was consistent. Being in a group Would help and hold me accountable, plus having support from others would help me with my confidence! Would you say this is a good program for beginners and at home?

Absolutely.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Any thoughts on the necessity/integrity of the A1/A2 aspect and order of the workouts? Some pairings of exercises would have me scrambling all over the weight room. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to tie this in with the compound lift schedule you would find in SS or SL.
  • sardelsa
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    Any thoughts on the necessity/integrity of the A1/A2 aspect and order of the workouts? Some pairings of exercises would have me scrambling all over the weight room. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to tie this in with the compound lift schedule you would find in SS or SL.

I don't always do the supersets. They are mainly to save time and keep your heart rate going.
    In the Strong Curves book he says that it isn't always possible or realistic to superset in crowded gyms so performing straight sets with rests in between is fine.