Getting started after Thanksgiving

Options
System
System Posts: 1,900 MFP Staff
This discussion was created from replies split from: PRO TIPS?.

Replies

• bpk39209
    bpk39209 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm going to begin my wellness program after Thanksgiving. In the past, I set my goal at 1300 calories per day but considering bumping it up to 1500. I am 45 and exercise about 4 days per week. Which calorie intake is best to help me drop about 20 lbs?
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    If you put your stats into MFP with a reasonable weight loss goal like .5 lbs a week, it will give you the number of calories you should eat to lose.
  • ScottyTheGent
    ScottyTheGent Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Try intermittent fasting, I've had very positive results. Also join fat2fit challenge community for next month at the end of the month for motivation!
  • carias1353
    carias1353 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is my goal too ! To start after thanksgiving
  • SunnyJShores
    SunnyJShores Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I forgot about Thanksgiving & already started... have lost 4 lbs & don't want to gain it back - #tofuTurkey :(
  • haleyisme111400
    haleyisme111400 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am going to be starting after thanksgiving because I don’t wanna get to far and then gain it all back..... any suggestions??
  • sweetpie704
    sweetpie704 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I started my diet in July but today I might cheat a little. I lost so far 45 pounds. I'll start this diet tomorrow.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I thought I might cheat, but I didn't.

I had a nice serving of turkey, subbed mashed cauliflower for potatoes (the Birds Eye frozen ones are really good), some cranberry sauce and salad. Thein I had half a "pecan pie baked apple" with ice cream melted over it. Went light before hand - a banana for breakfast and full fat Greek yogurt sweetened with applesauce for lunch - and was able to log a day under 1500.
    27s7tiirw5eq.jpg
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,659 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I thought I might cheat, but I didn't.

I had a nice serving of turkey, subbed mashed cauliflower for potatoes (the Birds Eye frozen ones are really good), some cranberry sauce and salad. Thein I had half a "pecan pie baked apple" with ice cream melted over it. Went light before hand - a banana for breakfast and full fat Greek yogurt sweetened with applesauce for lunch - and was able to log a day under 1500.
    27s7tiirw5eq.jpg

Good showing for fitting everything in your goals!

Though I can't help but notice that as a guy you even had room to add a little something so as to hit your minimum goal of 1500 Calories a day!

Adding some additional veggies or fruits might have helped you come closer to a desirable minimum daily goal of about 38g of fiber for guys (25g of fiber for females).

Personally I think that losing weight in a healthy, sustainable, and (hopefully) permanent manner is more important than aiming for the bottom of the caloric range in order to lose weight "really fast".

And, let's face it, it is hard to reach all desirable nutrition minimums in 1200 (female) / 1500 (male) Calories
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Actually, I forgot to log the small glass of sparkling cider, which likely put me over. On the weekly report, they seem to indicate that coming within 15% of goal is good, though it should be some over and some under.