When do you workout

Options
marygraci999
marygraci999 Posts: 1,917 Member
edited November 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
Just curious on when everyone does their workout.. Are you a morning person to hit the gym or afternoon-Evening..

Replies

• swebb1103
    swebb1103 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Mornings, because if I wait to after work, it doesn't happen!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day. Generally, Sunday afternoon, Monday or Tuesday morning, Wednesday evening, and Friday morning.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Anytime. Usually late morning/early afternoon when my child naps.
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Early morning before work, so that I can have family time after work. Also, the gym is an overcrowded zoo at 6:00pm
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    swebb1103 wrote: »

^^ yea, that.
  • thunderztormdk
    thunderztormdk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    After work in weekdays, after breakfast in weekends.
  • RachsLosses
    RachsLosses Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    After work, The gym is about a 5 minute drive from work so it's into the car changed and work out, there's often classes that start at convinient times for when I arrive :) Some fridays I dont start work until 11 so I get up at normal time and head over to the gym for an hour :smile: thats only like twice a month or so
  • MossiO
    MossiO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    6:30am. I wake up at 6, give myself a half hour, and then I do it. Then it's done for the day.
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am not a morning person...at all! But since my husband has been on leave, he's taking the kids to school in the morning so I've been making myself get up and go to the gym around 6:30ish (by the time I drag myself up and out the door).
  • FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a morning workout person, or at least that is what I prefer. However, I take classes at the gym in the afternoon when our child care is open so that I can bring my son and get a peaceful non-interrupted workout with other people. Otherwise 5am for me!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    After work. Leave work, go home, walk the puppy, change, go to the gym. work out, go home shower, have dinner...
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    swebb1103 wrote: »

This x1000! I learned early on that if I waited until the evening there were a billion excuses not to get it done. So now I get up at 4:30 and am working up a sweat by 5:15am. I work out until 7am then I hit the shower and get ready for work, grab a protein shake and some bran before heading out the door. This way I always get it done.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I run in the morning before work about half the year (when the weather isn't frigid and it's not totally black outside), and after work at this time of year when I'm trying to maximize weather and daylight, or am using my treadmill. I also bike commute to/from work regardless but it's a short ride.

I prefer mornings, but cannot face getting out of bed to go outside and run at 4:30 or 5:00 AM when it's black and -20C or worse (or staring at the wall in my basement knowing that I'm going to have to get on my bike in same black -20C shortly and feeling the dread slowly percolate...haha), so I don't mind switching for the winter.

When I went to the gym instead of outside or to my own basement gym, I always always did mornings since it was a lot easier to motivate myself at the beginning of the day than at the end when I just wanted to go home. But I don't mind getting up early either, so it just made sense for me.
  • marygraci999
    Options
    Myself I do both.. I do aquafit 6 days a week and it is offered in the morning and evening so whatever works best for me or depends on the instructor as well some push more then others.. I also do my weight lifting and workout dvds the opposite time of the aquafit..
  • YOLO145
    YOLO145 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    5 am M-F
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Depends on season as well as current weather conditions and projected weather conditions, what else is going on in my day, etc.

I was going to ride this evening as I prefer late afternoon/evening rides this time of year...but we have a front blowing in today so the winds will be kicking up to about 30 MPH later today...so I woke up and put my cold weather cycling gear on and hit the road around 6:30 when there was enough light to feel safe on the road.

Lifting at the gym is typically in the evening after work 2x per week and then usually the morning on Sunday.
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I like to first thing in the morning and in the evening
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    If I workout it's usually midday (lunch hour) during the week, and mid-morning (shortly after I get up) on the weekends. When the weather is nice I'm active enough not to need a workout.
  • marygraci999
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Depends on season as well as current weather conditions and projected weather conditions, what else is going on in my day, etc.

I was going to ride this evening as I prefer late afternoon/evening rides this time of year...but we have a front blowing in today so the winds will be kicking up to about 30 MPH later today...so I woke up and put my cold weather cycling gear on and hit the road around 6:30 when there was enough light to feel safe on the road.

Lifting at the gym is typically in the evening after work 2x per week and then usually the morning on Sunday.

WOW... how far do you cycle and where are you from..