Looking for some support and progression buddies.

Options
I've been trying to stay in shape for years now but every time I try to get active and change my lifestyle I lose track.

I suffer from depression, anxiety, and ptsd and I want to use excersise as a part of my recovery from a recently bad downfall. I really need to change my life style and become more active. Not only to reach my weight goal and feel better about the way I look but also for my mental health.

Anyway I'm looking for some friends to help support me on my journey. I went running/ walking this morning and I start karate (I did martial arts when I was young so I thought getting back into it would make me happy) on Monday so I'm on the right track. I just need some support and positivity. I will also return the support as well. :)

Replies

• Berri1987
    Berri1987 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great beginning, remember dont go too hard
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Enter your food diary daily and keep tracking your calories, try to do small exercises. Keep active yourself. All the best!! Feel free to add me :)

For a Newbie check this link http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
  • Numer1ca
    Numer1ca Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I am depressed and am trying to manage as well.

I am using antidepressants and therapy
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Numer1ca wrote: »
    I am depressed and am trying to manage as well.

I am using antidepressants and therapy

Depression is not good for the weight loss journey try to push up yourself.
  • melissa60
    melissa60 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura. I'm looking for support buddy too. Sent you a PM.
  • mtnbkrphil4935
    mtnbkrphil4935 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’ve had a few recent injuries so I’m trying like hell not to gain weight. I’m looking for motivating buddies too. I’ll add you!
  • tb285
    tb285 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Definitely feel you on using exercise as a way to support your mental health. I haven't been as active following some injuries, and I've definitely felt the impact mentally as well as physically. It sounds like you have a good start on things!
  • hmalik1
    hmalik1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hear you loud and clear. I am starting out again after having gained a lot of weight of late and it’s affecting the health for sure. Happy to support us both