Protein powder
Cocoa chocolate
PB
Stevia
Oats
Honey
Various fruits
And other basics

Any recipes? Also what would you keep on hand/add to your grocery list? Thanks!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Minced chicken/beef/turkey, herbs and spices of your choice.

Mix. Roll in to balls. Bake. Eat. Yum!
  • Nomseys
    Nomseys Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has amazing options. I make one in my food processor that tastes like marzipan. It’s with figs, almond butter, chia seeds, almond extract, and a little almond flour. Also I make one with figs, peanut butter, cacao, mint extract, and chia seeds.
  • EHollander89
    EHollander89 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My favorite protein bite recipe is made with oats (1 cup, I like to process the oats so it's more of an oat flour - it gives a smoother texture), peanut butter (half cup), honey (1/3 cup), vanilla (1 t), flax seeds (1/2 cup), and chocolate chips (1/2 cup). Chia seeds and coconut flakes are optional.

I made this recipe for pumpkin protein bites I found on Pinterest. It was a little too pumpkin-y for me, but my boyfriend loved them. https://cleanfoodcrush.com/pumpkin-energy-balls/

Another one of my favorite protein treats is to mix PB2 or peanut butter into some Greek yogurt. Add a little vanilla, honey, and chocolate chips. It's a tasty treat, and you can adjust to fit your calories by deciding how much PB and chocolate chips you add.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I agree you have all the basics. Put all the ingredients in to google or pinterest and you will get dozens of recipes. I'd add the word "no bake" too.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    My favorite protein bite recipe is made with oats (1 cup, I like to process the oats so it's more of an oat flour - it gives a smoother texture), peanut butter (half cup), honey (1/3 cup), vanilla (1 t), flax seeds (1/2 cup), and chocolate chips (1/2 cup). Chia seeds and coconut flakes are optional.
    This is essentially the recipe I use, as well. I don't process the oats, though; and I use PBFit instead of peanut butter to lower the calorie count. I also use flax meal instead of flax seeds. As an alternate for 1/3 cup honey if my honey supply is running low, I have also used 2 tablespoons of honey, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and 2 tablespoons of Agave (or corn syrup). Just google "Energy Balls" and you will find all kinds of recipes.