Losing the same weight again? Time to lose it and keep it off!

Options
Are you like me and once again trying to lose the weight you regained plus? This is a means to support each other in this repeat struggle to stop the madness once and for all. We will remain positive and honest with all statements, replies etc. This is a forum for the group to help you through your struggle by identifying your triggers, providing suggestions to get through it and everyone prevailing at the end. Weighing in weekly, posting your struggle and successes the prior week can help others going through the same challenges.

Replies

• AnnayKaleem1653
    AnnayKaleem1653 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I dont think i fit this situation but last year I was 73KG and by this July I was 76.8 so I want to lose it and then some
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I think most people are able to succeed in weight loss - you are in a position to lose again as you struggled with the maintenance part. I think maintaining weight is a lot more challenging than actually losing, and finding a way to stay consistent with your calorie intake once you've reached goal weight is what is important.
  • MsKenyatta101
    MsKenyatta101 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    The struggle is real. I have gained and lost, regained and lost. Each time with a renewed dedication to persevere until the weight was off. Stating each time that this was the last time I would put myself through this. I know of many who are experiencing this same battle which brought me to this forum so together we can work towards stopping the madness. For those of us fighting this battle, we can turn things around by reaching out when we are feeling challenged i.e. are you eating from boredom? Are you going through a personal issue that is driving you to eat? Having a support group to reach out to during these periods can help get us through these times. I will start with my story. I was a slim person and did not think that I would be going through large weight gains and losses as I aged. Each time I worked out, adhered to a balanced meal plan and lost the weight of course never thinking that I would regain it. Keeping it off naturally as I did in the past was no longer happening without consciously as a way of life, watching what I ate and staying active. I stated that if I felt my clothes getting a little snug, I would tweak my meals accordingly so it would not get out of hand. A couple of years later, I was in the same condition trying to lose a lot of weight. Each time it was harder and took longer. This time I am at my all time largest, older and once again fighting the struggle. I have really given this some deep thought. How was I eating when weight was not a problem? I thought back to the slim, not having to watch my weight self. It was a real awakening. My eating patterns, my cuisine was COMPLETELY different. If I lived the life the way I did in my slim past, I would not be continuously going through these ups and downs with my weight. I ate 3 meals. I packed my lunch each day for work, I didn't snack except when I went to an occasional movie, I would indulge in popcorn and a drink. I only ate sweets on special occasions i.e. the birthday cake, a slice of Thanksgiving and Christmas pie after dinner. I never really thought back as I've done now to figured out what I keep doing that causes this weight to come back on. Understanding what I was doing in my slim years, is a guide to what I need to do as a way of life from this point on. I started this new journey September 23, 2017. To date I have lost 16 pounds. I hope that this forum will help redirect someone who is being challenged. They can post how they are feeling and we can help talk them through it with ideas, experiences etc.