Divorced, Depressed, & Done Overeating

Options
Hi All,

The low down...I'm looking to meet new friends in an effort to isolate less, receive/provide support, and hold myself accountable.

I've used MFP on and off sporadically, obviously with little results.

For my health and happiness, lowering this 31 BMI is important. Man, is it hard though. If I don't start making positive strides forward, I know the weight and unhealthy habits will continue to tear at my energy levels and self-esteem.

Can't wait to hear from you

Replies

• themanwithaplan1
    themanwithaplan1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear but hey , new beginnings start somewhere ?
  • scoobielou78
    scoobielou78 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’m the same as Verity although I’ve yet to lose any weight as just rejoined. Good luck x
  • Jettaska
    Jettaska Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I am happy to hear that you are done with overeating. Logging in every day is a good way to keep motivated. Seeing that you are over your calorie limit pushes you to exercise. It sounds that you could have use for the wonderful feeling that exercise and healthy eating can give you. Weight loss takes time, so I wish you a lot of patience.
  • ATR_JoCo_80
    ATR_JoCo_80 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Thanks for the reminder.

• ATR_JoCo_80
    Options
    So sorry to hear but hey , new beginnings start somewhere ?

Absolutely! Thanks so much for the reminder @themanwithaplan1
  • ATR_JoCo_80
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    Been all 3 of those! :) Now I'm engaged, have lost near 60lbs and still overweight but getting there. Welcome to MFP (for good this time!!) ^_^

@Verity1111 you should be SO PROUD! Thank you for reassuring me that I'm not alone in this. For good, yes. I like the sound of that :-)
  • ATR_JoCo_80
    Options
    I’m the same as Verity although I’ve yet to lose any weight as just rejoined. Good luck x

Good luck to you too @scoobielou78 !!! We can do this - I am happy to cheer you on.
  • ATR_JoCo_80
    Options
    Jettaska wrote: »
    Good luck, I am happy to hear that you are done with overeating. Logging in every day is a good way to keep motivated. Seeing that you are over your calorie limit pushes you to exercise. It sounds that you could have use for the wonderful feeling that exercise and healthy eating can give you. Weight loss takes time, so I wish you a lot of patience.

Truer words have never been said, @Jettaska My patience is often lacking, which makes it so much easier to rationalize poor decisions. I will make my best effort to be honest and accountable...and remind myself that time and slow progress is so much better than no progress. Thanks for the support!
  • ATR_JoCo_80
    Options
    Your tag line sounded familiar. That was me 4 years ago. I got divorced after 24 years, moved 3 states, started a new career, and have since lost 75 lbs and in a wonderful relationship for the last two years. Making the choice to make changes is key. I agree with jettaska that logging you food, honestly, is a key motivator. I have learned the hard way, I am a lifer when it comes to logging. I stopped for the last year and gained back 15 lbs I had lost (originally 90 lbs)

I am always looking for friends who enjoy motivating each other not criticizing!!! be warned though I love my motivational quotes :-) Best of luck on your new journey

Love the similarities in stories @momi2ashlynn Your success is amazing! I'll suck it up and accept that logging is key LOL. There are no shortcuts, right? Keep at it and I can't wait to see even more of your successes and motivation :-)
  • scoobielou78
    scoobielou78 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Good luck to you too @scoobielou78 !!! We can do this - I am happy to cheer you on.

That would be great, thank you!
  • WSOX37
    WSOX37 Posts: 1,611 Member
    Options
    Welcome add
  • Melsthewinner
    Melsthewinner Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Now logging on to see how the community forums work. Hope to get some support
  • ATR_JoCo_80
    Options
    Now logging on to see how the community forums work. Hope to get some support

Welcome!
  • benbacome
    benbacome Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck. Battling the same scenarios myself. I have managed to curb the overeating but still fighting to find the right mix of foods to get me on track. The comfort foods I'm used to aren't helping to improve my health. Hopefully this will help both you and myself to overcome.
  • ATR_JoCo_80
    Options
    benbacome wrote: »
    Welcome and best of luck. Battling the same scenarios myself. I have managed to curb the overeating but still fighting to find the right mix of foods to get me on track. The comfort foods I'm used to aren't helping to improve my health. Hopefully this will help both you and myself to overcome.

Grateful to hear your story @benbacome We can do this! Wishing you much success and happiness!
  • waynefarrow
    waynefarrow Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been all of the above and overcome everything but the food, still working on it, all the best!!
  • ATR_JoCo_80
    Options
    I've been all of the above and overcome everything but the food, still working on it, all the best!!

Thank you for sharing @waynefarrow Wishing you all the best!
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    While I'm not divorced, the depression is seasonal, and the over eating has been curbed (well more I just run far enough now that it isn't a problem most days) I can help motivate and cheer you on. I can also help with any questions you might have (or point you towards someone who can) and share recipes (lots of good filling healthy ones).

Add me if you want.