33 lbs in 6 months goal

Options
Wanting to loose 33 lbs in 6 months. I’ve got a long ways to go, but that will at least get me going in the right direction. Anyone have any suggestions??

Replies

• kakaovanilya
    kakaovanilya Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    my friend lost 33 lbs with nutritionist in 3 months. she mostly ate boiled or raw vegetables with meat. she was exercising 2-3 times a week. I think you can easily achieve your goal in 6 months even if you cheat sometimes.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Read the stickies.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    my friend lost 33 lbs with nutritionist in 3 months. she mostly ate boiled or raw vegetables with meat. she was exercising 2-3 times a week. I think you can easily achieve your goal in 6 months even if you cheat sometimes.

No, you don't need to eat mostly boiled vegetables and meat or exercise 2-3 times a week. All you have to do is eat fewer calories than you burn each day.

Sure. You can lose 33 pounds in six months but it will take dedication and may not be realistic if you only have 33 pounds to lose. I've lost that many in about 6 months with no exercising but I started out with 140+ pounds to lose! I've also had a few slip-ups where I over ate with "reckless abandon" and still managed to keep losing at a little over 1 pound a week.

What you choose to eat will have more effect on your hunger/satisfaction and health than weight loss. You can lose weight eating only Twinkies but you'll be sick as a dog. To lose weight and feel good, eat a well-balanced, nutrition-rich diet but practice portion control.

So, put your stats in MFP and set your weight loss goal to 1 pound per week. Use a scale to measure your food intake and limit how much you eat to stay within your calorie goal. Reading the stickies will help you getting started.

• kakaovanilya
    kakaovanilya Posts: 647 Member
    Options

No, you don't need to eat mostly boiled vegetables and meat or exercise 2-3 times a week. All you have to do is eat fewer calories than you burn each day.

Sure. You can lose 33 pounds in six months but it will take dedication and may not be realistic if you only have 33 pounds to lose. I've lost that many in about 6 months with no exercising but I started out with 140+ pounds to lose! I've also had a few slip-ups where I over ate with "reckless abandon" and still managed to keep losing at a little over 1 pound a week.

What you choose to eat will have more effect on your hunger/satisfaction and health than weight loss. You can lose weight eating only Twinkies but you'll be sick as a dog. To lose weight and feel good, eat a well-balanced, nutrition-rich diet but practice portion control.

So, put your stats in MFP and set your weight loss goal to 1 pound per week. Use a scale to measure your food intake and limit how much you eat to stay within your calorie goal. Reading the stickies will help you getting started.

I didn't say she needed to eat boiled vegetables mostly. I just told what my friend did.
  • shyam_jha
    shyam_jha Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I lost 22 lb in 4 months by just cutting down sugar, fat, carbohydrates and regular walk and exercise. Control the food intake and you will be there for sure.
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Your goal is quite reasonable. Previously I lost 30 lbs. in 3.5-4 months, but put it back on after I quit logging and slipped back into old, bad habits of overeating. This time around I'm down 15 lbs. after 2 months and losing about a pound/week. I did it/do it just by meticulously logging my calories and staying within my deficit; eating mostly healthy foods (although not a requirement to weight loss); eating smaller portions than before I started-no seconds; keeping snacks within my calorie budget; mostly avoiding high calorie foods that put me over my budget; and doing some form of exercise a few times a week (but again it is not a requirement to lose weight). You will soon see that different people swear by different diets and macro configurations but consensus seems to be that it doesn't really matter what you eat as long as you eat less than you burn. My suggestion is to plan at least one meal ahead and log it before you eat it so you can make adjustments if necessary. I have certain amounts I eat for each meal and try to stick to those numbers. If I go higher on one meal I make up for it the next meal or snack. I try to eat smaller meals that fill me up and eat healthy (and sometimes not so healthy) snacks in between to keep me full all day. I think one of the most important things is to not make it feel like a diet....this is for life. This time I want to have healthy habits engrained so that I don't slip up again, and I will continue to log long after I'm in maintenance.