Quick low calorie meals/snacks

Options
emmawiphone25
emmawiphone25 Posts: 1 Member
I'm really struggling for ideas on what to eat or cook. I seem to be having the same thing day in day out, consisting of a meal replacement or two (at work) and then veg and chicken for a main meal with snacks of veg/salad and maybe some fruit

Replies

• mrsbarnett1012
    mrsbarnett1012 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    For breakfast lately I've been eating 2 sunny side up eggs on top of a toasted light or cinnamon raisin English muffin that's been toasted and spread with 1/3 fat (or regular-depending what I have on hand) cream cheese. SO delicious and filling. Or an old stand by is steel cut oats with a bit of almond butter, honey, cinnamon, sliced banana and fresh berries. Warming and delicious.

Lunch I typically have leftovers of whatever dinners I've made recently.

Dinners: Taco salad is easy to throw together (greens, some cheese and sour cream, hot sauce and taco meat). Easy and tasty. Zucchini noodles, some cooked and portioned out ground turkey and spaghetti sauce of your choice, it can all be prepped ahead of time and easy to throw in the microwave to re-heat. Making a batch of soup to have on hand and eat on throughout the week is a good option too. Burgers are easy too, you can get a low-cal bun or leave it off or sub lettuce and all are great options. Serve with salad.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    So many people eat chicken as their go to protein, but lean pork chops and lean beef are approximately the same in nutrients and calories, boneless pork loin chops cook very quickly. Ham has a little more calories, but is very quick and easy. Rice and quinoa can be cooked ahead and heated to go with leftovers-- think stir fry, even fried rice with some veggies and an egg for supper. Or soup, rice or quinoa, leftover meat, and whatever frozen veggies look good.
  • Rosemary7391
    Rosemary7391 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Chilli, bolognese, anything with mince can be bulked out with carrots, lentils celery. How about beef or chicken stew? Carrots, parsnips, swede, onion, leek all go nicely in there and it's a good winter warmer. Dumplings are very tasty on top but not obligatory if you want to keep it low cal (I can't resist just one on there!).
  • SharonTeresa91
    SharonTeresa91 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I went to culinary nutrition school- feel free to msg me whenever you need ideas or inspiration for meals! When dieting, I’m pretty happy with these meals:

Breakfast: Vega nutritional shake & an egg (scrambled or boiled) on a gluten free toast with half an avocado (mixed with lemon, pepper and chilli flakes)

Lunch/ dinner: grilled asparagus with pan fried shrimp and rice (I like uncle bens roasted chicken and wild rice)

Lunch/ dinner: roasted vegetables with baked fish (I like putting soy sauce, ginger, etc)

Snacks: 1 fruit/ 1 tbsp peanut butter mixed with 1 tbsp jam or jelly / popcorn

I ALWAYS use oil that sprays. Keep your portions small for everything other than vegetables. Only drink water / tea/ black coffee and lemon water everyday. You can eat chicken instead of the proteins I suggested (I just get sick when I eat chicken sometimes)