Gaining and lack of appetite

Options
Silkysausage
Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
So I feel pretty crap right now with nausea and all that goes with PMS, period looming in a week.

Normally I would have eaten the entire contents of the fridge and cupboards by now but not this month. This is a perimenopausal change in me where eating patterns are changing.

I'm giving it some hammer in the gym 4 days a week so I needy cals! I've already lost 2 pounds and have altered my macros to get me some gains.

Problem is, today already I have 600 calories left, no back cals today as it's a rest day.

Do I eat cookies and ice-cream to fill it all in?

Replies

• jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    So I feel pretty crap right now with nausea and all that goes with PMS, period looming in a week.

Normally I would have eaten the entire contents of the fridge and cupboards by now but not this month. This is a perimenopausal change in me where eating patterns are changing.

I'm giving it some hammer in the gym 4 days a week so I needy cals! I've already lost 2 pounds and have altered my macros to get me some gains.

Problem is, today already I have 600 calories left, no back cals today as it's a rest day.

Do I eat cookies and ice-cream to fill it all in?

If you have already met your macro goals or the cookies and ice-cream fill in that gap then go for it. :)

I'm a guy but during a bulk I hit that same block some days where my appetite doesn't support my caloric goals. I typically resort to liquid calories on those days as I have absolutely no sweet tooth. A smoothie with whole milk, chocolate syrup and some peanut butter will get you those 600 calories pretty easily.
  • Silkysausage
    Options
    Thank you, I didn't wake till 1pm today as I'm feeling a bit rough so I didn't start eating till then. I've missed out on one meal so far.

I wouldn't normally eat that kind of stuff but when needs must!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Look at your weekly goal. Don't worry so much about daily.

And, peanut butter and full fat milk to up cals.
  • Silkysausage
    Options
    Look at your weekly goal. Don't worry so much about daily.

And, peanut butter and full fat milk to up cals.

That's interesting, weekly goals instead the of daily is something very new to me. Sounds like I could get it horribly wrong though?

Any best ways to do that?