9 week update

Options
tomjanecourtney
tomjanecourtney Posts: 97 Member
March to October, 6 months healthy eating and gym 3 / 4 times per week weights. Lost 36 lbs.
then

Boditrax scan 7th October-
Weight 190 lbs
Muscle 138 lbs
Fat 44.5 lbs - 23.4%

(Scan on 3rd November was on track)

Boditrax scan 8th December -
Weight 181.5 lbs
Muscle 137.5 lbs
Fat 36.5 lbs - 20.1%

= Total weight loss 8.5 lbs
Muscle loss 0.5 lbs
Fat loss 8lbs

62 yrs old, on a 500 cal deficit and working hard in the gym. Macro 45 P-30 F-26 C
I know the Boditrax scans are only indicative but wanted fat % to be lower and in teens :(
but generally happy with new body shape.
Not brave enough to post a pic yet......

Replies

• watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Nice progress, your be in the teens bf wise
    In no time
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Good job
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Nice work maintaining your LBM while losing serious fat!
  • tomjanecourtney
    Options
    Thx for the encouragement.
    With dedicated use of MFP and the advice from some of you good people I calculated my TDEE.
    Then....

I stocked my fridge with healthy but tasty food, chicken, steak, fish etc.
    Bought good quality Protein shake powder, Almond unsweetened Alpro milk and Creatine, BCAA, Glutamine, Cod liver oil, Vitamins etc.
    Choppy fudge Protein bars for treats.
    Meal planning bag.
    A bench and dumbbells in case I couldn’t get to the gym to keep the momentum.
    Had a good gym program from a celebrity trainer :) (are you watching Mike?)
    Go to lots of different gyms to keep some variety, (Day Tickets from PayAsYouGym app around £8)
    Diligent meal planning with MFP (500 cal cut)
    Treat myself regularly to nice clothes which hang better these days :)
    Then buy a ‘rose tinted’ mirror and spend lots of time in front of it.

Seem to be working, so far :)

• tomjanecourtney
    Options
    11 week scan and all’s well.
    Weight 179.9 lbs
    Muscle 62.8 lbs
    Fat 34.5 lbs ( 19.2 % )

After decreasing my cals to 2000 per day (P45-F30-C25) I’m still maintaining muscle with a total weight loss 47 lbs and finally getting into the teens fat percentage.
    Got some work to do to reach my 175 lb with 15% fat target about 8 lbs of fat to lose with 3 lbs of muscle to add. ( If I’ve done my sums correctly ).
    Will probably drop the numerical target and let my rose tinted mirror take over soon.
    Hope I don’t go too far backwards during the holiday period but I’m gonna re feed :)
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    11 week scan and all’s well.
    Weight 179.9 lbs
    Muscle 62.8 lbs
    Fat 34.5 lbs ( 19.2 % )

After decreasing my cals to 2000 per day (P45-F30-C25) I’m still maintaining muscle with a total weight loss 47 lbs and finally getting into the teens fat percentage.
    Got some work to do to reach my 175 lb with 15% fat target about 8 lbs of fat to lose with 3 lbs of muscle to add. ( If I’ve done my sums correctly ).
    Will probably drop the numerical target and let my rose tinted mirror take over soon.
    Hope I don’t go too far backwards during the holiday period but I’m gonna re feed :)

Great progress. Being a realist though you won’t gain muscle whilst losing fat. Keep up the good work!