What are your favorite "free" foods?

Options
Especially now that it's getting chilly, I love Celestial Seasonings' Bengal Spice tea. The cinnamon makes it so sweet, I don't need to put any sweetener in. I like a splash of lowfat milk, but it's delicious even without.

What are your favorite very low cal/no cal foods? Bonus points if they aren't artificially sweetened.

Replies

• SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wow, @PixelPuff - I'd never heard of Shirataki noodles! looks like my supermarket stocks them. I'll be giving them a try! Thanks!
  • GlorianasTears
    GlorianasTears Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    SusanDSME wrote: »
    Wow, @PixelPuff - I'd never heard of Shirataki noodles! looks like my supermarket stocks them. I'll be giving them a try! Thanks!

If you try them tell me how they taste
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    I think basically the only things I have that are like this are coffee and coke zero.

Tea and coke zero in my case but yeah, pretty much.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Ainar wrote: »
    I love asparagus. 100g has like 20 calories, that's not even enough to to brake a fast. 90% of them consists of indigestible fiber so the thing just goes through you without even being digested. And naturally since you can not even digest the thing your body can't absorb it and add it to fat stores.

It's food... it breaks your fast...
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Ainar wrote: »
    I love asparagus. 100g has like 20 calories, that's not even enough to to brake a fast. 90% of them consists of indigestible fiber so the thing just goes through you without even being digested. And naturally since you can not even digest the thing your body can't absorb it and add it to fat stores.

@Ainar -- Fasting is a period of time of no eating (Several hours)
    To break a fast all you need to do is consume food.. It is not a certain amount of calories.

Also just because something comes out the back end almost intact it doesn't mean it wasn't digested.
    Digestion starts by putting food into your mouth and chewing it, there is digestive enzymes in your saliva.

Secondly, Asparagus can very well be added as fat stores.. Anything you eat above your maintenance calories is stored as fat, regardless of how much of it comes out of your body at the end.

• HellYeahItsKriss
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @TavistockToad and I must be out of our minds then.

.. Boy power again T? With an added super high five?

Asparagus.. the food you can eat when you hit maintenance and you won't get fat.
  • theabsentmindednurse
    theabsentmindednurse Posts: 405 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    As a vegetarian.
    I started as a 313 pounds lump of of lard.
    With loads of vegetables, ( like asparagus ),
    My body had been stripped of a massive percent of Adipose tissue. ( FAT)
    Yes I can get technical too. :)
    So I wholeheartedly agree!
    Eat asparagus and reap the rewards!’ B)
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Options
    you do know that you lost weight because of calorie deficit and not magical asparagus right?
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Options
    I don't like Asparagus either :tongue: ... Oddly though i lost 165 pounds.. hmm.. blessed by Jesus i guess.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    Water
    Tea ... of various sorts
    Coffee
    Diet soft drinks
    Spices ... to add flavour to my food

Radishes are pretty low cal ... I have 2 or 3 with salted cottage cheese as an after work snack. They add some crunch and flavour.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened teas
    Spices
    Dill pickles
    Spinach
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Veggies!!!!