It's Finally Working, guys!! What I did that worked.

Options
I've been trying to gain weight for a long time. I was about 20lbs underweight. Weak and sick all the time. Loosing my hair and everything. A lot of how I got like that was psychogical. I didn't find success with eating more meals or snacking. It was very hard for me to sit down and eat when I'm almost never hungry.

Instead I had to hide the extra nutrients and calories in what I already ate. I normally had tea or juice with a piece of toast or granola bar for breakfast. Now I add protien powder to my tea and add peanut butter to my toast. I usually had vegetable soup for lunch. I make sure this has beans or lentils now and noodles or quinoa. I usually have some chicken with rice and vegetables for dinner. Cooking these in olive oil or butter added a lot, I sometimes add cheese. These little changes added up helping me go from 1300cal a day to 2000 or more.

I see a lot of you all struggling like I did and thought I'd put this out there in hopes it will resonate with someone else.

Replies

• Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Glad you found your way! It took several months before I found some neat tricks as well - adding mayo to scrambled eggs was a big one :)
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Eating more works.

Glad your having success.