Presenting, the dreariest food packaging ever created

Options
vegaslounge
vegaslounge Posts: 122 Member
edited December 2017 in Food and Nutrition
hmskm7j7tpqs.png

Saw this the other night...it goes beyond "bad design", more like, "soul-crushingly depressing". Grocery-brand generics look better– hell, the ultra-generic food items in Repo Man are cheerier. I hope someone is checking in with the art director and making sure he's okay.

~VL

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    To be fair the packaging would look not too bad if the food dresser and photographer were better! Surely they could have made that look more appetizing.
  • vegaslounge
    Options
    Oh my God, I didn't even see until just now that that sad unadorned little slab of road-lasagne, sitting on a plain white plate several sizes too large– making it look tiny and drained of color– IS ACTUALLY THE OFFICIAL SERVING SUGGESTION. Seriously, look in the lower left corner.

Oh, this is just the most profoundly sad microwavable meal I have ever seen, and that includes the single-serving cup of frozen corn Green Giant had out a few years back.

~VL
  • julie3461
    julie3461 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Their website and recipes are surprisingly appealing.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    Wow, did I just geek out there.

:):):)

i think the fork looks like marvin the martian, sort of. except curvier.

the lasagna is sad but it's honest, you know? i guess anyway. i can totally see how it might not appeal; it's basically a 'dinner' version of a pop tart. or that's what it looks like to me.
  • vegaslounge
    Options

the lasagna is sad but it's honest, you know? i guess anyway. i can totally see how it might not appeal; it's basically a 'dinner' version of a pop tart. or that's what it looks like to me.

One big problem being...this sad little lasagna was "on sale" for nearly $7.00. When Banquet ($1.00 and proud of it) meals have more enticing packaging than something that would cost 3/4th of my hourly pay, I'd expect something a bit more.

~VL
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options

One big problem being...this sad little lasagna was "on sale" for nearly $7.00. When Banquet ($1.00 and proud of it) meals have more enticing packaging than something that would cost 3/4th of my hourly pay, I'd expect something a bit more.

~VL

$7.00?!?! How much protein is in that thing? Is this some kind of mind experiment?
  • celestestar
    celestestar Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Each to their own. Looks yummy to me, and it looks like it has two layers of pasta not one
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I have to say that looks absolutely soul-crushing and completely unappetizing. Just one small arugula leaf would have helped make it less blah.

@HellYeahItsKriss's lasagne on the other hand, looks utterly delicious.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    A big problem is the lighting and white balance of the photo is off. Plus, the rest of the packaging looks like something somebody threw together in PowerPoint. It's like someone said "What do I need to hire a photographer and graphic designer for? I've got a camera on my phone and Microsoft Office, I can do this myself!"
  • Good_Morning_Glory
    Good_Morning_Glory Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    fzc4j5213o8r.jpg

My lasagna looks better

*kitten* yeah it does.

• nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I will go against the grain and admit that I like the design part of the packaging. They definitely could have shot the photo more appealingly though. I wonder if they intentionally made it look like a lasagna-flavored protein bar?

NEW for 2018: don't eat your food, TAKE your food, like a supplement.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Maybe it can only taste better than it looks? Instead of getting depressed by a great package with sad food?
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    I will go against the grain and admit that I like the design part of the packaging. They definitely could have shot the photo more appealingly though. I wonder if they intentionally made it look like a lasagna-flavored protein bar?

NEW for 2018: don't eat your food, TAKE your food, like a supplement.

Ha, that's exactly what I was thinking!