5'6" 116lbs extremely fast metabolism and active lifestyle.

Options
2»

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    The only thing I see not mentioned above, and I know the struggle(I was 72 inches and 145-150 lbs), is accurately tracking at least your activity calories. If you bike to work/school/etc, log it with distance/speed. If you walk further then from your bed to the kitchen, log it, you can use a garmin/fitbit or a moleskin, but track everything...

For those daily activities like walking, track them for at least 2 weeks and figure out a reasonable daily activity average... and include it in your activity/calorie allowance.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    rkovelman wrote: »
    How old are you? Next is if you're eating 2k-3k calories a day, what is that composed of? Eating crap will just make you crap it out. At the same time possibly causing health issues. Also, watch your sodium intake, it will cause you to drink more, and you just flush it out.

The what now?!

It's to the OP, not you...

its still utter tosh...

No, it's not, I was in the same boat. I used to also pound down those calorie and protein shakes. All it did was make my bowel movements larger. Even when I stopped that and ate a ton of food, which was mostly crap, I didn't move the scale. If I saw it I ate it. Only until I ate healthily, changed my gym routine up a little, and got a little older did my weight go from 120 to like 170.

What actually happened(as you got older) is you started moving less.

That's it.

Actually the opposite. I became more active, played in a soccer league, and started running on the treadmill all the time. Its more like my metabolism slowed down and the calorie burn per hour was less. I still burn a ton up as I am always hot but it's less now than prior. Eating is like 95%, and the other 5% is working out and how you do it.

Just because you weren't tracking your activity, doesn't mean you weren't active.

Just because you weren't playing sports or running on a treadmill doesn't mean you were active.

without more detail it's impossible to tell where that activity was happening, but rest assured it was happening.

It could have been walking/biking to work/school. It could have been working in the service industry on your feet for 8-12 hours 5-7 days a week, but it was there.
  • rkovelman
    rkovelman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How old are you? Next is if you're eating 2k-3k calories a day, what is that composed of? Eating crap will just make you crap it out. At the same time possibly causing health issues. Also, watch your sodium intake, it will cause you to drink more, and you just flush it out.

The what now?!

its still utter tosh...

No, it's not, I was in the same boat. I used to also pound down those calorie and protein shakes. All it did was make my bowel movements larger. Even when I stopped that and ate a ton of food, which was mostly crap, I didn't move the scale. If I saw it I ate it. Only until I ate healthily, changed my gym routine up a little, and got a little older did my weight go from 120 to like 170.

What actually happened(as you got older) is you started moving less.

That's it.

Actually the opposite. I became more active, played in a soccer league, and started running on the treadmill all the time. Its more like my metabolism slowed down and the calorie burn per hour was less. I still burn a ton up as I am always hot but it's less now than prior. Eating is like 95%, and the other 5% is working out and how you do it.

Just because you weren't tracking your activity, doesn't mean you weren't active.

Just because you weren't playing sports or running on a treadmill doesn't mean you were active.

without more detail it's impossible to tell where that activity was happening, but rest assured it was happening.

It could have been walking/biking to work/school. It could have been working in the service industry on your feet for 8-12 hours 5-7 days a week, but it was there.

I sat behind a desk as a sysadmin, I wasn't moving one bit, but okay.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options

The what now?!

its still utter tosh...

So what you're saying is, I can eat a ton of crap food and it won't make me gain weight because I'll just crap it all out?
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

The what now?!

its still utter tosh...

So what you're saying is, I can eat a ton of crap food and it won't make me gain weight because I'll just crap it all out?

I think it has to be salty crap food - so you drink a lot of water and flush it all out. ;)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    The problem isn't your metabolism, but that you are eating too little. I know that giving up because of fast metabolisms and looking for magical recipes can sound enticing, but there is no way around this: You have to eat more. You can double or triple any recipe if you like.
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    how many times did you post this OP?!

Only these three (so far)