What’s your favorite Lifting App?

Options
I’m currently using strong, but would like to see what else people are having success with.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I use bodyspace. It works well enough. I've never tried strong.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    I use WorkIt. Super customizable.
  • rawvegpower
    rawvegpower Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    To get the features I like in the “Strong” app i have to pay like $4 a month is your tracker free?
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I don't have one but I found this thread interesting as I was considering getting my son (who does heavy power lifting) a Beast Sensor. I had never heard of it until I checked to see if they had a sort of smart phone for lifting. It's made in Italy and has an app/portal that goes along with it. It seems to be the best of it's type right now. It was on sale for Black Friday and nearly pulled the trigger on it but he ended up wanting a speed bag/body bag stand more.

Anyone used this? I'd be curious about feedback.

It has an app too https://www.thisisbeast.com/en

I've read that Apple is working on something similar to this but doesn't have the bugs out of it.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    To get the features I like in the “Strong” app i have to pay like $4 a month is your tracker free?

Huh? I use Strong. I upgraded from the free version to the full version. There is no monthly fee.
  • rkovelman
    rkovelman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have used a few over the past 5-10 years. Over that time I learned for me at least the push/pull method works great and just switching up reps from the normal 10 to 12 or 15. Also, most of us do the standard Monday is chest, Tuesday is back, etc or some form of that. I do that as well but each week is a different exercise. I find recording what you lift impacts the overall goal of just being strong or stronger than where you were a week ago. You create a repetition that I have found for the least to be less beneficial. Again just my opinion after trying out numerous apps and techniques, but we are all different. Also one of the largest things forgotten is measurement, and I don't mean what you lifted but the size. Has your chest grown? Quads? etc. I would probably keep track of that vs what you actually lift.
  • rawvegpower
    rawvegpower Posts: 19 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    jseams1234 wrote: »

Huh? I use Strong. I upgraded from the free version to the full version. There is no monthly fee.

Maybe you paid the annual price. I opted for the monthly price for now to try it out.

Or you’re just lucky.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    jseams1234 wrote: »

Maybe you paid the annual price. I opted for the monthly price for now to try it out.

Or you’re just lucky.

Still not sure what you are talking about. The app is free - albeit with reduced functionality. You can purchase the “full” version with all features unlocked. It’s a one time only transaction. There is no annual fee and certainly no monthly fee.

Edit: Ahhhh, did some digging. One time fee in the USA. Monthly fee in the UK and some other regions. :(

It’s mentioned in the comments here:

http://www.deteched.com/2017/05/05/train-smarter-strong-workout-tracker-app-review/

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I never found an app that fit my approach to lifting and/or exercise, so I don't use one.

I just use the memo pad in my phone to record what I do everyday and transfer the info to Excel.

I can graph the numerical data, if I like, but generally I just use it to record my progress and plan my future activity based on what I've done previously.
  • slbf42
    slbf42 Posts: 449 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I tried Strong and didn't much like it, I use Gymbook for the iPhone/Apple Watch integration. Might help if you let folks know what phone or other fitness tracker tech you are using.
  • hanibunni
    hanibunni Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Five3OnePro for android
  • KickboxFanatic
    KickboxFanatic Posts: 184 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Fitocracy. It's an app and a full website where you earn "points" for exercises and Level up to higher levels. You can also duel against other members and earn badges for certain things like running mileage, lift numbers (based on wilks) etc.

It also keeps track of all of your lists and tells you when you PR in a lift.

It is a free site/app but there is the "Hero" option which gives you messaging, an umlimited number of saved workouts and an email each week with a list of PRs set that week, mileage and amount of pounds lifted.
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm old school, once I work out a program, right now I'm doing smolov for squats and coan for DL, I write everything down in a notebook, not just sets and reps, but how I l felt, if I used sleeves or wraps, etc., also accessory work.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    JeFit is the only one I've tried. I don't mind it.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    A notepad and a pen. None of the apps I've tried work well enough to suit me.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I just use a ledger book. More friendly for me seeking out logs of my previous lifts and progress as I can see weeks of data at a glance.
  • Jonnydebrasco
    Jonnydebrasco Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I do the same as Chieflrg
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Five3one from sarasoft for wendler 5/3/1. Started using yesterday.