Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    sflano1271 wrote: »
    I weigh 95kg how much protein do I need to maintain my muscles??

Depends. Are you cutting, maintaining or bulking?
    a general rule of thumb would be about 1.75 grams per KG of goal weight (0.8grams per lb of goal weight) if cutting, less is fine if bulking or maintaining. So if your goal is 85kgs that would be a target of 148 grams.

Im cutting

I want to get down from 95kg to 65kg

Then 65*1.75=114 grams, and should be a minimum amount to aim for

Cool do you know how much grams of carbs I should be getting and fats aswell???

A rule of thum for fat is 0.35-0.45 grams per lb so 0.75 to 1 gram per kg. ( would suggest 0.75 /kg of current weight or 1 gram per kg of goal weight, again fat should be a minimum. fill the rest of cals with carbs, and use the carbs as a max.

So in total:
    114 grams of protein, 65 grams of fat, this gives you:
    456 cals from protein, 585 grams of fat for a total of 1041, so if your calorie goal is say 1700 that would be 659 calories from carbs or 165 grams.
    For MFP you would have to put those in %, but use fat and protein as minimums and carbs as a max. In my 1700 cals example that would be 27% protein, round up to 30%, 34.4% for , round to 35%, which leaves you 35% for cabs, if your calorie goal is higher you may be 25% protein, 30% fat, 45% carbs

I have to eat 1,960 calories per day to be in a calorie deficit so how many grams would u say I need for carbs
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

a general rule of thumb would be about 1.75 grams per KG of goal weight (0.8grams per lb of goal weight) if cutting, less is fine if bulking or maintaining. So if your goal is 85kgs that would be a target of 148 grams.

Im cutting

A rule of thum for fat is 0.35-0.45 grams per lb so 0.75 to 1 gram per kg. ( would suggest 0.75 /kg of current weight or 1 gram per kg of goal weight, again fat should be a minimum. fill the rest of cals with carbs, and use the carbs as a max.

So in total:
    456 cals from protein, 585 grams of fat for a total of 1041, so if your calorie goal is say 1700 that would be 659 calories from carbs or 165 grams.
    For MFP you would have to put those in %, but use fat and protein as minimums and carbs as a max. In my 1700 cals example that would be 27% protein, round up to 30%, 34.4% for , round to 35%, which leaves you 35% for cabs, if your calorie goal is higher you may be 25% protein, 30% fat, 45% carbs

I have to eat 1,960 calories per day to be in a calorie deficit so how many grams would u say I need for carbs

You can do the calcualtion I provided above.

1960 - 456 -585 = 919, or set at 45% cabs, 25% protein and 30% fat will get you close to ideal
  • sflano1271
    sflano1271 Posts: 121 Member
    Options

Im cutting

So in total:

You can do the calcualtion I provided above.

1960 - 456 -585 = 919, or set at 45% cabs, 25% protein and 30% fat will get you close to ideal

Ok thanks for helping me
  • kazane1
    kazane1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    To calculate my protein intake do I do 1g of protein to 1 lb of body weight or if I’m bulking do I do 1 gram of protein to 1lb if my target weight? So if I weigh 130lb I would do 130g of protein but if I was aiming to get my weight to 140lb would I eat 140g of protein ? Thanks!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

Im cutting

Losing 60+ lbs isn’t really cutting in a bulk/cut cycle - you are trying to lose weight (I consider them different goals)
  • kazane1
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    kazane1 wrote: »
    To calculate my protein intake do I do 1g of protein to 1 lb of body weight or if I’m bulking do I do 1 gram of protein to 1lb if my target weight? So if I weigh 130lb I would do 130g of protein but if I was aiming to get my weight to 140lb would I eat 140g of protein ? Thanks!

Didn't you have a whole thread that covered the amount of protein? Go back and read that.

Yeahh it’s just I’ve read a couple of different things about it lately and it’s not just protein it’s about fat too, that was just an example. I want to calculate my fat intake too and some sources say 0.4g- current lb of body weight and some say 0.4g - target body weight. I’ve been calculating it for current weight but I wanted to know if I should be calculating it for target weight.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Didn't you have a whole thread that covered the amount of protein? Go back and read that.

Yeahh it’s just I’ve read a couple of different things about it lately and it’s not just protein it’s about fat too, that was just an example. I want to calculate my fat intake too and some sources say 0.4g- current lb of body weight and some say 0.4g - target body weight. I’ve been calculating it for current weight but I wanted to know if I should be calculating it for target weight.

That difference is 4 grams between 140 and 130. Do you really think that is going to make any significant difference? It just not that critical. As in other threads, you are over analyzing and majoring in the minors.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,652 Member
    Options
    I would eat for my target body weight.

Usually for people who may have an interim goal that is outside the normal weight range I would add "within the normal weight range". But I dont think that applies to you as you're trying to bulk within the normal range

In any case your differences are going to be relatively small. You're not trying to add or lose 100lbs. And these are numbers to try for. They won't make or break you if you're off of them for a day or two.
  • kazane1
    Options

That difference is 4 grams between 140 and 130. Do you really think that is going to make any significant difference? It just not that critical. As in other threads, you are over analyzing and majoring in the minors.

Okay thank you for helping me calm down with all the tracking and analysingand realising this.
  • kazane1
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I would eat for my target body weight.

Usually for people who may have an interim goal that is outside the normal weight range I would add "within the normal weight range". But I dont think that applies to you as you're trying to bulk within the normal range

In any case your differences are going to be relatively small. You're not trying to add or lose 100lbs. And these are numbers to try for. They won't make or break you if you're off of them for a day or two.

Okay great thank you so much for your helpful words.
  • zakbailey7
    zakbailey7 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Depending on goals usually have a intake of around 20-30 grams of protein every 2-3 hours...
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

when bulking your protein requirement is actually less than when cutting, you could aim for 0.8 grams per lb of lean body mass too, that way more carbs for bulking
  • kazane1
    Options
    zakbailey7 wrote: »
    Depending on goals usually have a intake of around 20-30 grams of protein every 2-3 hours...

Allright thanks I’m quite close to allready doing that.
  • kazane1
    Options

when bulking your protein requirement is actually less than when cutting, you could aim for 0.8 grams per lb of lean body mass too, that way more carbs for bulking

Okay thanks this is interesting I never knew this.
    Thanks!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

This is totally unnecessary. According to recent meta-analysis my Schoenfeld and Helms, there is a "slight" benefit to intake if a quarter of your protein goal 4x per day to maximize protein sythesis. That 20-30 grams every 2-3 hours is old body builder broscience.
  • kazane1
    Options

This is totally unnecessary. According to recent meta-analysis my Schoenfeld and Helms, there is a "slight" benefit to intake if a quarter of your protein goal 4x per day to maximize protein sythesis. That 20-30 grams every 2-3 hours is old body builder broscience.

Interesting..