What food will put on the most weight in a fast amount of time?

Options
I'm currently eating 2000 to 2300 calories a day but not seeing much weight gain

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    That just means you need to eat more than that. Think high calorie foods here. Nuts, avocados, peanut butter, etc.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    It's not a specific food, it's just needing to eat more calories. Fats are more calorie dense, so you can eat a lot of calories with little volume. You could also add drinkable calories with/between meals - full fat milk would be easy and relatively cheap.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I'm currently eating 2000 to 2300 calories a day but not seeing much weight gain

Not surprising. Unless you're about 5'1" and 110 lbs., that's not enough calories to gain weight on. Especially if you're active/working out. Eat more calories.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Follow this link for adding in more calorie dense foods and consider raising your calories

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Whole milk.

Drink a gallon per day.
  • Rincewind_1965
    Rincewind_1965 Posts: 639 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    2,000 to 2,300 calories will be most likely very close to your NEAT-value, so if wanting to gain weight you basically need to eat more.

If not wanting to eat too much volume you'd need "High-Caloric-Density"-foods (means: anything with a lot of carbs and fat). Sadly "Healthy" is considered to be something completely different.

Enjoy responsibly!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I don't know a single male to gains weight at those levels. Hell, most of us cut at those levels. Probably need close to 2700 or more.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    I don't know a single male to gains weight at those levels. Hell, most of us cut at those levels. Probably need close to 2700 or more.

Agreed. I'm a 5'5" female eating 2400 to gain.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

I lost over 70 pounds eating 2200-2400/day.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

I lost over 70 pounds eating 2200-2400/day.

I lost 50 at the same range... And i barely do cardio lol.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I'm a 37 year old female (5'3) and bulked around 2400-2600. You're going to need more calories.

I've found that ice cream is an easy way to add 300 calories a day. If you aren't an ice cream person, a large spoonful of peanut butter is 200+ calories.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    The only weight gain (or loss) property any food has is the calories it contains.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    I’d be in a severe caloric deficit at 2k. I’d recommend increasing the amount.
    My sis that is 100lb currently eats 2400.
    Try 3000. If weight goes up, stick with it until it stalls. Then add more. If not, try 3500+
    Eat calorie dense food.

I personally maintain on 4k (very active)
  • Batman_0808
    Batman_0808 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sneak in some oatmeal with berries
  • blondi921
    blondi921 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 110Ib 5"5 and body fat of 13%. I've recently increased this from 10% and am continuing to try and gain weight for my own health reasons. I'm currently on 2200 cal which has upped a lot from what I started on. I'm not gaining hardly any weight though. Maybe I need to up it? I'm struggling as to how and where I can do this as I eat a lot and am always full at the minute.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    blondi921 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm 110Ib 5"5 and body fat of 13%. I've recently increased this from 10% and am continuing to try and gain weight for my own health reasons. I'm currently on 2200 cal which has upped a lot from what I started on. I'm not gaining hardly any weight though. Maybe I need to up it? I'm struggling as to how and where I can do this as I eat a lot and am always full at the minute.

Easiest way IMO is liquid calories. Make a shake, milk, chocolate milk etc.