hello there!! (newbie ftm trans guy)

Options
hi! my name is tyler, and i'm a young ftm guy looking to lose weight now that i have started testosterone therapy.

i've been chubby my whole life, but for the past few months i've been at my highest weight, 250lbs, after gaining about 20lbs in a year from starting medication (abilify). i've never been happy with my weight, and my family has a history of high blood pressure and diabetes, so at the start of the new year i decided it was time for a change.

i went vegan. mostly raw, in fact, but not entirely. i have cheated a few times since beginning but i'm stopping that now that i've joined here and seen the damage it's doing to my goals.

i'm also starting intermittent fasting, doing the 16/8 method, so my eating periods will be 11am-7pm, so that way the majority of my fasting period will be while sleeping/in classes.

i'm starting to exercise regularly, but it's difficult at the moment due to the cold weather here and my weight. right now, i'm doing 10-12 minutes on an exercise bike twice a day on weekdays, and some strength training every other day. my goal isn't to get ripped or anything, but i know that having more muscle means you burn more calories just by existing, so why not? plus the testosterone will make it easier to gain muscle once it really starts to kick in (i'm only on my first week of it at the moment.)

i hope i can keep up with this stuff this time, and maybe even get down to 200 by the end of the year. i'm already down to 246!

p.s. i'd love to have some friends on here, especially other trans guys, so feel free to leave comments!

Replies

• DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome :)
  • apupeza
    apupeza Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi , I’m also ftm just starting out on my weight loss journey? Message me if you want to talk?
  • Aint2Proud2Meg
    Aint2Proud2Meg Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to be there for you and support you on your journey!
    You seem to have a plan and I think you're gonna make it happen. Go you!