Any pregnant ladies trying to keep healthy?

Options
I started my weight loss journey with minimal success, then found myself pregnant! Definitely not trying to lose weight until the baby is born, but I want to keep my pregnancy as healthy as possible. Any mommas-to-be or new moms here?

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I recently finished that journey, just wanted to pass these along in case you find them helpful:

I found this thread for calorie counting while pregnant extremely useful, and easy to understand
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176233/gaining-weight-during-pregnancy-and-losing-it-post-partum

I also enjoy participating in the fit, fabulous, and pregnant group. There are alot of other pregnant women who are fun to talk to and very supportive of one another.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1903-fit-fabulous-pregnant
  • jlhaley16
    jlhaley16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mama-to-be here, just started my 3rd trimester. Gained 36 thus far, starting with an overweight BMI. It's amazing how fast you gain when you are pregnant from just "eating the same" if you didn't have good habits established before. I also have had a lot of hip issues, which causes me to not be able to walk if I exert myself past a certain point, which makes exercise pretty much out of the question except for some very light exercise before I go to bed. If you have any questions or anything, I'd love to share my experience, but every one is different.
  • wtfemilystfu
    wtfemilystfu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have gained 33 pounds and I am only 25 weeks. I have healthy eating habits - eating mostly lean proteins and vegetables with the occasional ice cream/chocolate craving. Regardless your body is not yours right now and each pregnancy is different and each person stores fat differently. Plus, your body is increasing it’s blood flow by 50%, carrying your evergrowing uterus, amniotic fluid, placenta and of course your little babe! Feed your body nutritious and healthy foods and don’t worry about losing the weight!
  • Jenileechampion
    Jenileechampion Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    17 weeks here and up 3 lbs. I started with an obese BMI though. I know that we have to be cautious and definitely think of baby first etc but I am trying to lose some and at least maintain as much as possible. I haven’t been actively trying so far, eating pretty much what and whenever I have wanted but have cut out eating out. I want to start focusing on my health at this point as I know that the weight begins to come on much quicker in the next few weeks and how hard it will be on my body.
    I’ve calculated my calories for pregnancy which said 2300. I’m going to set my goal for 1800 and eat back and exercise calories (just gonna walk) I will listen to my body and if I’m hungry whilst consuming that amount I will eat.
    I know the ideal of trying to maintain or lose freaks most people out but my OB said as long as I wasn’t restricting my calories he was okay with me losing up until 24 weeks. I think the risk of not exercising and having an eating for 2 mindset is probably much worse than that of trying to be intentional during my pregnancy and tying to be as healthy as I can be. Sorry for he novel! Just excited to see other people wondering the same things as me!!
  • AndreaRM0917
    AndreaRM0917 Posts: 26 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    First, I want to say congrats to everyone on their pregnancies!! I am actively trying to get pregnant and it has been so darn hard this time around (trying for #3) but, my doc is saying it's my diabetes. I just got diagnosed with it last month. I really hope to get pregnant soon. Then it would be great to learn from others on how to maintain a healthy weight during pregnancy. :)