13Lbs gone forever thanks to lush bath bombs

Options
Strange title I know but honestly it’s true. New Year’s Day I get again decided to start my health kick like every year of my adult life but this time something clicked.... I am going to do this and do it for one person .... ME ....my problem is distressing after work always equaled a glass (ok several) of wine, a take away or the dreaded chocolate fix and no amount of fruit based beverages or fat free yoghurt was going to work ..... then after my first weeks 7lb loss I wanted to treat myself but was determined not to slip into the normal treats so I went and splurged on several fancy bath bombs. Well I’m amazed to say they have become my lifeline .... stressful days
Now end with a soak in the tub surrounded by glitter rose petals and fancy smells NOT with a bottle of wine Chinese and my body weight in chocolate ..... they aren’t for everyone but if we can just learn to treat ourselves without a huge calorie intake we are in affect “treating” our body as well and not undoing all that hard work ..... would love to hear about your “treats” and what works for you

Replies

• ginnymcp
    ginnymcp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love this. I always reached for treats as a pick me up. Going to give this a try- thanks for posting x
  • NoxeemaJackson
    NoxeemaJackson Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    The gym sauna is my treat for working out.
    I also try to replace my evening snack with a hot shower and netflix on the laptop in bed!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Heh, I admit I read your title and when "oh, this I gotta read", but that makes sense! good for you!
  • mtbusse73
    mtbusse73 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I may have to try this.... Believe it or not Guys like baths too.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Good job! My new things are painting my fingernails and drinking coffee with flavored extracts.
  • Alatariel75
    edited January 2018
    Options
    mtbusse73 wrote: »

My husband loves baths! He's 6'4, and when we moved into our house he was so stoked that the bath was big enough for him to (mostly) stretch out in. It also has a shelf at the foot which you can put the laptop on and watch Netflix :D
  • NoxeemaJackson
    NoxeemaJackson Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    mtbusse73 wrote: »

My husband loves baths! He's 6'4, and when we moved into our house he was so stoked that the bath was big enough for him to (mostly) stretch out in. It also has a shelf at the foot which you can put the laptop on and watch Netflix :D

omg...that sounds like heaven!
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I wish I fit in bathtubs :( At 6'0 I tend to have problems with that. I'm taller than my shower currently.

But this is a great idea, and a great reminder that we can still reward ourselves with something other than food.
  • macthedevil1
    macthedevil1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So lovely to hear all of your ideas..... I’ve been growing my nails for 6 months and must confess
    I have probably spent s small fortune on nail varnishes now but I do agree it’s another treat idea that works well and gives me some me time .... I’m desperate to try the sauna idea but dread the whole swimming costume in public ..... that can be my next challenge xx

• trawillcy2018
    trawillcy2018 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    That sounds lovely! My worst time for wanting to eat naughty things is late evening so I've started walking the dog around then (which I thoroughly enjoy) & by the time I get back the urge has gone & a cup of Tea suffices :)
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I'm toying with taking up the guitar.

I have a background in music but have never tried a string instrument. I'm thinking it could be a new hobby for me to work on in the evenings to keep me busy when the snacking urges start (boredom related).

• gv8274
    gv8274 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Now that's a conversation starting title :) So, what are bath bombs? I've never heard of them before. Great idea to treat ourselves in other ways besides food... support our own efforts the same way we'd support someone else's and... get a little Me time in, too. Love it! And thanks for the thought provoking conversation. I'm inspired to find my alternative treat, now too. :)
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    Question - does the glitter get everywhere? I won't let me stepdaughter bring glitter bath bombs in the house because I pretty much see glitter as the herpes of the craft world...
  • LaurenD63
    LaurenD63 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    What an awesome reward! I have yet to try bath bombs but they look so pretty from the photos I've seen.
  • LaurenD63
    LaurenD63 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The gym sauna is my treat for working out.
    I also try to replace my evening snack with a hot shower and netflix on the laptop in bed!

The latter is my favorite! There's nothing like coming home after a long day to Netflix and a nice hot shower.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Lovely idea! I just received several "lush" bath bombs from my daughter-in-law for Christmas. I haven't used them yet, but they smell divine!

@gv8274 - a bath bomb is a round fizzy ball (about the size of a tennis ball) that you put in the bath water. They're made mostly of baking soda and citric acid along with essential oils and scents. Sometimes they have glitter or flower petals inside. (I've made these for gifts for friends, so I know the basic recipe). They bubble and fizz while you're taking a bath and make your skin really soft.

I've had ones before that had glitter in them and I'd take a pass on those in the future. They make a mess in the tub so that kind of negates the relaxation aspect since you have to go back and scrub it out afterwards. :p
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Question - does the glitter get everywhere? I won't let me stepdaughter bring glitter bath bombs in the house because I pretty much see glitter as the herpes of the craft world...

LMAO! I feel the same about glitter. Still finding it everywhere after the glitter explosion from Christmas. It likes to hide in very odd places . . . .
  • macthedevil1
    Options
    gv8274 wrote: »
    Now that's a conversation starting title :) So, what are bath bombs? I've never heard of them before. Great idea to treat ourselves in other ways besides food... support our own efforts the same way we'd support someone else's and... get a little Me time in, too. Love it! And thanks for the thought provoking conversation. I'm inspired to find my alternative treat, now too. :)

They are Little balls of fizzing heaven
  • macthedevil1
    Options
    Yesssss !!!!!! I won’t buy anything with any hint of a sparkle I don’t think I can carry off the unicorn look too well ..... just the thought of glitter brings me out in hives ..... the herpes explanation has me in tears of laughter
  • rockymir
    rockymir Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Brilliant idea!! I'm going to copy that, with something else because I'm not a bath person, but...well I'll come up with something. Guess it's my target for today.