Starting a new adventure

Options
My name is Paige and I have struggled my entire life with my weight and overall health in concerns with food. While I did always stay active, I just could not get myself to get it all together. I’ve joined my fitness pal to get support on my journey and also help educate myself and others with how advocare has helped me. I have lost 25 lbs using the 25 day challenge and love using their products to feel better. I recently just signed up as a distributor and felt MyFitnessPal would be a great place to talk with people with the same struggles as myself.

Replies

• adarba
    adarba Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. We're all going through the same issues as you. Lots of people already lost lots of weight, you can read about in success stories section. I've dropped 100 pounds 6 years ago but hurt my knee and now I put on 20 pounds back. I'm terrified of going back to the 250 pounds I was, so I am trying to get a grip on it before it's too late.
  • ekocstar77
    ekocstar77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Similar story! I had back surgery for a herniated disc this year and have put on 30 pounds. It’s frustrating to not be able to do certain s things, but I’m finding help with low impact work outs, diet and the right vitamins/supplements! That’s amazing you were so successful in your journey.
  • lexiJ95
    lexiJ95 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome! Very similar story! I struggled my entire life with weight problems and how I viewed food. I found Advocare in 2015, went from a size 15 to a 5 using the 24 day challenge, stuck with it for a year or so as a distributor, lost a total of about 50#.
    I stopped using products due to financial issues and some medical diagnosis' I felt I needed to take a break from using anything to supplement, let myself go once again, gained back all plus some of the weight I had lost. Got back on products last January full-time, have lost 48# since then with minimal (if any) workouts due to restrictions post-op. July 2017 I was involved in an accident resulting in back surgery, also limiting my exercise, but with the help of the right products, a lot of research and a great team backing me, I've stayed on track.
    Another 24 days challenge starting tomorrow!